Windows 10: Received an error when trying to run DISM

Discus and support Received an error when trying to run DISM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop had problems after I accidentally turned the power off without the battery. And found about 50+ corrupted system files by doing "sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hong748, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Hong748 Win User

Received an error when trying to run DISM

My laptop had problems after I accidentally turned the power off without the battery. And found about 50+ corrupted system files by doing "sfc /scannow" in safe mode.

I'm currently able to boot into the normal Windows but some functions are still not working, I tried to run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and after a while of no feedback. I received the following

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRespository\nvlti.inf_amd64_94587a88187d4f70\nvd3dum.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc0000006."

Tried to find ways to fix it but still ended clueless.

(The quote was all hand typed as I couldn't copy it and the laptop currently is very slow)

:)

Hong748, Oct 30, 2019

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 30, 2019
  3. received blue screen error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

Please provide answers to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• When exactly you had received this blue screen error?

• Did you receive any error message with the blue screen?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run DISM and check if it helps.

The DISM or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 30, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Issues while running DISM

Hi warrior50,

Welcome to the 10forums Received an error when trying to run DISM :)

Please try running following command in an admin command prompt and let us know what the result is.
    Code:
    Code:
    Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    @Anak
    That would be
    Code:
    Code:
    Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    as the OP stated *Wink

Thema:

1. Received an error when trying to run DISM - Similar Threads - Received error trying

2. Error when trying to run MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to run MSERT: A few days ago I tried to run MSERT 64-bit version. I immediately got an error message. I just downloaded the current version, and I still get the same error message. How can I fix this?...
  3. Error when trying to run MSERT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to run MSERT: A few days ago I tried to run MSERT 64-bit version. I immediately got an error message. I just downloaded the current version, and I still get the same error message. How can I fix this?...
  4. Error when trying to run MSERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  6. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  7. When running DISM, I get Error 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When running DISM, I get Error 2: Title. I tried fixing some BSOD using DISM but were greeted with error instead. Error 2. submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubqylp/when_running_dism_i_get_error_2/
  8. I receive an error when try to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I receive an error when try to print: The error message is nsufficient memory or disc space. Word cannot display the requested font. I cannot print out my documents. Who can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-receive-an-error-when-try-to-print/6a01d3ad-0973-4b53-996a-423c29250be3
  9. Error when trying to run update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when trying to run update: I have Windows 10 pro ... Keep getting can not connect to update service. I am connected to interet and ran troubleshooting .... same result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-run-update/fe646a9c-3f5b-4218-9d97-aca8059b99b1
  10. Error 0x800f081f when Running DISM. Need Help!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error 0x800f081f when Running DISM. Need Help!: I recently updated to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and I feel there is something wrong with the performance of my ASUS Zenbook. I run DISM and I got the following error message: 1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...