Windows 10: Received an interesting message when starting backup

Discus and support Received an interesting message when starting backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Got a new-to-me HP Reconditioned laptop on Monday and started my first backup on Tuesday and got this message. Never saw anything like it on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jadinolf, Sep 26, 2019.

1. jadinolf Win User

Received an interesting message when starting backup

Got a new-to-me HP Reconditioned laptop on Monday and started my first backup on Tuesday and got this message.
    Never saw anything like it on any computer I have backed up.
    I'm hoping some of you experts can give me some help.
    I'm still doing backups every morning but don't want to wreck this great laptop.

I am at your mercy and thanks for reading this.

Oh yeah, Windows 10 Pro

:)

jadinolf, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Received an interesting message when starting backup [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Sep 26, 2019
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Sep 26, 2019
  4. garym123 Win User

Checking for backup text messages

If you have test message backup turned on it mirrors messages received and anything you delete.

This is part of your Microsoft account and they are restored from your account. You will get the messages back if you don't restore.

Restore gets your phone settings, start screen and app list

garym123, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Received an interesting message when starting backup - Similar Threads - Received interesting message

2. Received message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received message: HelloI received messages for access by phone and I didn't connect at that time. After that I received 2 call from Microsoft. How can I check what it was? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-message/61d2dbc7-4581-4c85-b06b-e1a36c1d6aab
  3. Received message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Received message: HelloI received messages for access by phone and I didn't connect at that time. After that I received 2 call from Microsoft. How can I check what it was? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/received-message/61d2dbc7-4581-4c85-b06b-e1a36c1d6aab
  4. Received message

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start/News and Interests: Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog...
  6. Receive Text Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Receive Text Messages: My laptop has a sim card slot. And until recently I was able to receive text messages on that number within the messaging app. Since the last update I requires a connected android phone. Is there no way to recieve texts on the sim card in my laptop anymore?!...
  7. using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files: using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/using-quicken-2017-receiving-message-unable-to/2d38505e-f222-4e62-9bd0-1ad39a7f9293
  8. Notifications of messages received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  9. I know, ANOTHER message on Start Menu Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I know, ANOTHER message on Start Menu Backup: Please consider upvoting https://aka.ms/AA1py8l With Microsoft's burying the Start Menu in the registry, it becomes more incumbent on the community to require a start menu backup tool. We want to rightfully discourage people from messing with the registry and this is the...
  10. Suddenly started receiving 'Built in Administrator' error message

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Suddenly started receiving 'Built in Administrator' error message: Hi, I bought a new laptop back in March running Windows 10, did a clean install from USB and it's worked fine until 31st July when I downloaded a virus, I've now removed the virus and the laptop is clean but I've noticed today I can't open Microsoft Edge, I get the error...