Windows 10: received app on pc called Driver Support.....nyone know if this is a safe website

Discus and support received app on pc called Driver Support.....nyone know if this is a safe website in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; received app driver support on my PC some time ago......never installed but constantly interrupting pc usage with prompts to check/install new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patrickfournier2, Jan 13, 2019.

1. received app on pc called Driver Support.....nyone know if this is a safe website

received app driver support on my PC some time ago......never installed but constantly interrupting pc usage with prompts to check/install new drivers....believe it is not a Microsoft product, but is it a Microsoft sanctioned app and is it useful

:)

patrickfournier2, Jan 13, 2019

2. Serious Issue: How to know if a website is safe?

Virustotal has a separate process for evaluating the safety of a WEBSITE (URL) vs. evaluating the safety of a FILE.
    I submitted only the URL for the website you posted. The analysis of the URL suggests that the site itself is clean.
    That does not mean that the software itself that you might download from that site is safe.

I did not download, extract or submit for analysis the Prime95 software file itself.
    In order to evaluate the file, you would need to download the zip @simrick provided the link to do that), then extract the executable file, and then analyze it by one or more of several different means before you run it/install it: comparing the file hashes, submitting the file to VT, scanning with your AV, etc.

Please re-read @simrick's replies for advice.

IOW = In Other Words.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 13, 2019
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Jan 13, 2019
  4. received app on pc called Driver Support.....nyone know if this is a safe website

Receiving errors, System interrupts Deferred procedure calls and interrupt service routines

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• When exactly you received this error?

• Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

• Which connection are you using to access internet? Wired or wireless connection?

• Did you install any third party security application?

A deferred procedure call is an interrupt-handling mechanism in the Windows operating system where the drivers can reference when running certain processes. Deferred procedure call allows a task to be activated but not executed, from a highly prioritized
    interrupt request level (IRQL).

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to put the computer in Safe mode and check if you receive this error.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

received app on pc called Driver Support.....nyone know if this is a safe website

1. received app on pc called Driver Support.....nyone know if this is a safe website - Similar Threads - received app called

2. Trying to call support for VLCS login. It tells me to go to the website. The website...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to call support for VLCS login. It tells me to go to the website. The website...: I can't log into VLCS. When I try to use my work account, it says that it's not set up and although it has been set up and I have used it quite a bit in the past. It wants me to set up a store account. Cool, so I try to set up the store account but it says that my account is...
  3. Trying to call support for VLCS login. It tells me to go to the website. The website...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to call support for VLCS login. It tells me to go to the website. The website...: I can't log into VLCS. When I try to use my work account, it says that it's not set up and although it has been set up and I have used it quite a bit in the past. It wants me to set up a store account. Cool, so I try to set up the store account but it says that my account is...
  4. I received a phone call today from "Windows Support" regarding hackers on my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I received a phone call today from "Windows Support" regarding hackers on my pc: I received a bind call today from "Windows" stating they have been notifying me regarding HACKERS have been on my pc and suggested i run eventvwr from my task manager to see how many errors occurred on my pc. i have Norton VPN block , they were trying to sell me...
  5. Is file.net a safe website?

Is file.net a safe website?: https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=file.net If you look at the comments it says that it downloads something on your pc? One engine detected this website https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/65aa84f0ea1fea2eeb99a5f80cca3896ece2bfb6d7eaf08f0763b9963411d790/detection...
  6. Is Restoro a safe website?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Restoro a safe website?: I keep getting a message that Restoro will fix problems with my Windows program - is this a legitimate Microsoft website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-restoro-a-safe-website/33a40afd-74ed-4e9d-b57e-201e65cda0ad
  7. Is The Website Upucuzza safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is The Website Upucuzza safe?: So I am using win 10 Pro so hopefully this post won't get nuked and will get the most eyeballs on it posting in General Support. Someone posted a link to Bitdefender software that came up in one of my posts The new Ransomware Remediation feature in Bitdefender 2019 and...
  8. How to know if my PC is safe ?

How to know if my PC is safe ?: How to know if my PC is currently safe and don't have anyone trying to steal data / files from my computer? I have a No.1 enemy that we hate each other so much, and he is a game programmer, I don't know how deep his knowledge is, what I can do is to look for ways to protect...
  9. Called wrong tech support don’t know if it’s too late

Called wrong tech support don’t know if it’s too late: Hello, this morning I was playing games on my new computer when I ran into a windows bluescreen. I tried troubleshooting it myself but couldn’t find a fix. I mistakenly called a third party tech support company called guruaid. I had my friend talk to them while I googled them...
  10. Serious Issue: How to know if a website is safe?

in Browsers and Email
    Serious Issue: How to know if a website is safe?: I'm sorry to be creating a thread as I know this community is really busy, but I tried searching and I didn't know what else to do. I just want to know how I can check if this website is safe to download from. I want to download this app, but I don't know how I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoro

2. is restoro safe

3. is restoro reputable