Windows 10: Received laptop from previous employer

Discus and support Received laptop from previous employer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My generous former employer gave me a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop. I believe it was a 1703 model. I am in the US and employer is in the UK. Right after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Messi1929, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Messi1929 Win User

Received laptop from previous employer

My generous former employer gave me a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop. I believe it was a 1703 model.
    I am in the US and employer is in the UK. Right after I left. The employer removed me from the network and
    I was trying to reinstall Windows 10.

I went into diskpart utility from a command prompt and select volume and ran clean command.
    I am trying to boot from the usb drive. I am pressing volume (-) and power key but the only screen I am able to get to is
    the please enter system password screen after the Widows machine boots up (see
    the attached screen shots.

At this time:
    I am not able to see what the exact version of Windows 10 I am on.
    No matter what I try I am stuck in a endless loop where the all machine can is prompt for the system password.

Can anyone advise if there is anyway to workaround this?
    My hardrive was encrypted with bit locker and I have been trying to see if the former employer would provide this
    so I could enter this but in my haste I may have compounded the problem.

Regards,
    Andrew

:)

Messi1929, Apr 25, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 25, 2020
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Received laptop from previous employer

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Received laptop from previous employer

1. Received laptop from previous employer - Similar Threads - Received laptop previous

2. How do I reset a laptop that I received from an employer but no longer employed with them I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset a laptop that I received from an employer but no longer employed with them I...: How can I access the laptop that was provided by my previous employer and reset it to where it's not coming up as there's I paid for the laptop and I still can't use it...
  3. How do I reset a laptop that I received from an employer but no longer employed with them I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset a laptop that I received from an employer but no longer employed with them I...: How can I access the laptop that was provided by my previous employer and reset it to where it's not coming up as there's I paid for the laptop and I still can't use it...
  4. New Lenovo laptop from my employer. It will not complete the setup process. It Is this...

New Lenovo laptop from my employer. It will not complete the setup process. It Is this...: I just received a new Lenovo laptop running windows from my employer for work. It will not complete the setup process. It stops at a screen that indicates I need to download Duo MFA required by my employer, but I can't. Is this computer likely in S Mode? How do I complete...
  5. I have an old corporate laptop which I received from a former employer for personal use,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have an old corporate laptop which I received from a former employer for personal use,...: I have an old corporate laptop which I received from a former employer for personal use. They have removed the hard drive and RAM which I have replaced. When I go to install windows 10 onto the new hard drive it gets to a point then asks for my old company email address. Is...
  6. I have an old corporate laptop which I received from a former employer for personal use,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old corporate laptop which I received from a former employer for personal use,...: I have an old corporate laptop which I received from a former employer for personal use. They have removed the hard drive and RAM which I have replaced. When I go to install windows 10 onto the new hard drive it gets to a point then asks for my old company email address. Is...
  7. I have an old corporate laptop which I received from a former employer for personal use,...

8. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.: Hello Everyone,Due to a FedEx shipping software I updated on my current work computer with current employer, I was prompted to sign on using a Microsoft user name and password that was used on a previous work laptop computer with another employer. The second I logged in, I...
  9. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.: Hello Everyone,Due to a FedEx shipping software I updated on my current work computer with current employer, I was prompted to sign on using a Microsoft user name and password that was used on a previous work laptop computer with another employer. The second I logged in, I...
  10. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization