Windows 10: Received laptop from previous employer

Discus and support Received laptop from previous employer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My generous former employer gave me a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop. I believe it was a 1703 model. I am in the US and employer is in the UK. Right after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Messi1929, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Messi1929 Win User

Received laptop from previous employer

My generous former employer gave me a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop. I believe it was a 1703 model.
    I am in the US and employer is in the UK. Right after I left. The employer removed me from the network and
    I was trying to reinstall Windows 10.

I went into diskpart utility from a command prompt and select volume and ran clean command.
    I am trying to boot from the usb drive. I am pressing volume (-) and power key but the only screen I am able to get to is
    the please enter system password screen after the Widows machine boots up (see
    the attached screen shots.

At this time:
    I am not able to see what the exact version of Windows 10 I am on.
    No matter what I try I am stuck in a endless loop where the all machine can is prompt for the system password.

Can anyone advise if there is anyway to workaround this?
    My hardrive was encrypted with bit locker and I have been trying to see if the former employer would provide this
    so I could enter this but in my haste I may have compounded the problem.

Regards,
    Andrew

:)

Messi1929, Apr 25, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 25, 2020
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Received laptop from previous employer

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Received laptop from previous employer

1. Received laptop from previous employer - Similar Threads - Received laptop previous

2. Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop: I would like to recover a previous Windows 10 backup to a new computer after setting up exactly the same account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-a-backup-from-a-previous-computer-to-a/2b003b26-2f80-4e12-9e7e-4310e62c7f31
  3. Not receiving audio from PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not receiving audio from PC.: I just got a new pair of headphones because my old ones stopped working but I’m not getting any audio from them. My PC recognizes the device and says everything is working, but I don’t hear anything. The new pair is Logitech headphones, and I also checked the audio drives but...
  4. Unable to receive emails on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to receive emails on laptop: Im receiving email on my phone but not on my laptop. ***Modified title from: email*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-receive-emails-on-laptop/fa0e7ca0-64e5-4240-a06e-c2bfe370f9c9
  5. receive email from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    receive email from Microsoft.: We receive repeated emails from Microsoft Outlook saying folders have conflicting names or system reserved names. We would like this email to stop now. Sick of it. Regards, Ron Briggs....
  6. Employment application issues

Employment application issues: When I attempt to fill out/ complete various employment applications either thru job site (indeed, monster, etc) or the individual company website, the computer kicks me out to the desk top....HELP! Is this a cookies issue or what? Thanks!!!...
  7. receive a fax to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    receive a fax to my laptop: is there a program in Microsoft office that will allow me to receive a fax. I do not need to send just receive? Moved from: (Office | More Office apps | Windows 10 | Unknown/other)...
  8. Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop: I am trying to figure out if there is a way to send and receive faxes using Windows 10. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated....
  9. Bugs from previous computer

Bugs from previous computer: I bought a new computer with what I thought was the best antivirus I could get. I had a double check in system and a unknown person was still able to get in and change my setting along with adding a keylogger. I bought 2 more computers and got rid of the computer with XP...
  10. Restart laptop at a previous time

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart laptop at a previous time: When I started my laptop it only had half a page, and I am trying to get it start at a previous time to see if this would rectify the problem. Can anyone help me, I have to tell you I am not very good with computers. GC. 38607