Windows 10: received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.

Discus and support received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; error - "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805."Had previously attempted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boydwr74, Jul 12, 2021.

1. boydwr74 Win User

received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.

error - "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805."Had previously attempted install: "Unable to upgrade your edition. Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the internet, wait a few minutes, and try again 0x80070005."

:)

boydwr74, Jul 12, 2021
  2. nachblue Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the emulator. Since it can't be installed on Windows 10 Home, I have been attempting to upgrade my Windows to 10 pro). I found a free version of Windows 10 Education through OnTheHub.com where I entered my school name to see what software I could receive free or discounted through my school. When I received the product key and entered it under Settings > Activation > Change Product Key, I receive a message saying "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0x800f0805". If anyone has any experience with OnTheHub and knows if it is legit or if there's something I could do to get it to work let me know! Also, if I shouldn't even try to upgrade from Home please let me know as well. Just new at this and trying to teach myself how it all works!

nachblue, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

Hi there...I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop, and just became a part time student (again). I received a Key to upgrade my Home edition to Educational, but at the "Enter a product key" prompt to "Change product key," I'm getting an error stating that the
    product key I've entered doesn't work, with error 0x800f0805. Tech support at the school says the key should be valid.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance!

CaseyHarris4, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Scotty h Win User

received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.

win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Hi, on my work laptop, i have received the win 10 app and it was ready to upgrade, As it was my work laptop I did not at the time but I did use the download to create a USB and I have updated two personal PCs with no issue.
    I now have permission to upgrade the original work laptop so I am running the setup.exe file on the usb. Upgrade starts but it then asks for the product key. I enter the win 7 key that I have (from a key finder program). The upgrade then states 'this product key did't work' No option to skip just re-enter.
    I do recall the update process starting and I canceled it.
    Win 7 professional is genuine. fully updated with sp1.
    Win 7 is working fine.
    Win 10 app now states it will notify me when it is ready to install.

Could the canceled upgrade have already noted the win 10 product key in some way?

Any help would be great.

Scotty h, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

1. received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work. - Similar Threads - received product key

2. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  3. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  4. Education Product Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Education Product Key Not Working: Hey, guys, I just got a Windows 10 Education key through OnTheHub using my college email however when I input the key, I get this error code: 0x800F0805. What should I do here?...
  5. Product key does not work

Product key does not work: I just purchased the Windows 10 online and my new product key does not work. I tried restarting my laptop and entering the product key multiple times.The message I received was: The product key you entered didn’t work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different...
  6. Educational product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Educational product key: Just finished helping my son who is attending Umass amherst build a PC. We down loaded windows 10 from Microsoft. My son obtained an educational product key from Umass. Something for my 30k a year sounded good to me. Product key is not being accepted and PC states...
  7. Education product key

Education product key: I currently use Ubuntu, but want to switch to Windows 10. My school requires that I use software only for windows. I received a windows 10 education key, but it seems like I can only upgrade older versions of Windows. I want to install new. Is that possible?...
  8. Fresh product key to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Education does not work.

Fresh product key to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Education does not work.: Hi. I'm a student, and a few minutes ago I created new account which I linked to my university email. I got a free windows 10 education product key, however when I enter it, I get an error saying "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try...
  9. Enter a Product key

Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"
  10. cannot enter the product key

cannot enter the product key: I downloaded the product key software to view the product key of my device then I entered the product key to activate windows, then the error message 0x803FA067 and content could not activate windows on this device because you don 't have a valid product key or digital...