Windows 10: Received Several Successful Login Attempts from "MS AZURE" last month on my MS ACCOUNT - why?

Discus and support Received Several Successful Login Attempts from "MS AZURE" last month on my MS ACCOUNT - why? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Under my recent activity for my Microsoft account, I receive several successful login attempts from: Source: whois.arin.net IP Address:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyS3171, Dec 1, 2018.

1. TonyS3171 Win User

Received Several Successful Login Attempts from "MS AZURE" last month on my MS ACCOUNT - why?

Under my recent activity for my Microsoft account, I receive several successful login attempts from:

Source: whois.arin.net

IP Address: 40.69.166.245

Name: MSFT

Handle: NET-40-64-0-0-1

Registration Date: 2/23/15

Range: 40.64.0.0-40.71.255.255

Org: Microsoft Corporation

Org Handle: MSFT

Address: One Microsoft Way

City: Redmond

State/Province: WA

Postal Code: 98052

Name Servers:

I spoke to a rep who was sort of helpful bot nor really. She said to "reportascam", report it to Microsoft. I am also receiving successful login attempts from Microsoft Azure? What is that why am I getting these? It this hacking or normal? Happened 10 times last month. I use new secure PW randomly selected each month, authenticator and MS virus scanners and 1 maleware. I am only human on earth with access to this networked computer. If this is not normal/OK pls tell me what to do. YES YES, I know change pw. Received Several Successful Login Attempts from "MS AZURE" last month on my MS ACCOUNT - why? :eek:

:)

TonyS3171, Dec 1, 2018

2. Login not accepted for my MS Account

Let me explain, again, what I have experienced:

• I use my MS account to unlock this computer. No problem doing that
    • I attempted to use other apps requiring the MS login, like Outlook, or even this forum, and it would not accept the very same credentials I used to unlock the computer
    • I used my wife's MS account to login to this forum so that I could seek help
    • I have tried resetting my MS account twice, and that did not work either.
    I would appreciate suggestions OTHER than wha I have already tried

SonoRimaggio, Dec 1, 2018
  3. MS online account logins VERSUS W10 computer login passwords

I am configuring a new computer. I would like to use a shorter, 7 char computer login password, but it seems that MS in W10 requires the same password for the MS online accounts, like this community and other centralized capabilities, as the login password
    for my computer. The MS online accounts must be at least 8 characters.

Why can't I establish a completely different password for my computer and the online accounts ?

Please let me know if there is a way around this apparent rule.

If it really is a rule that the computer password must match the MS online account passwords, then

I would suggest this is a counterproductive restriction in a world where password management is already burdensome.

NealScribner, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Received Several Successful Login Attempts from "MS AZURE" last month on my MS ACCOUNT - why?

Switching login account from MS Live to MS Office

Hello!

We just got brand new laptops with Windows 10. As I used to have MS Office 2013 and this MS Live account - I logged in as a primary user with my MS Live Account.

Later on, we all purchased MS Office 365, where now I have another user account.

How can make that MS Office 365 primary login account for my laptop, because when I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Your account information there is no option to add or switch MS accounts?

Tija Ezeriņa, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Received Several Successful Login Attempts from "MS AZURE" last month on my MS ACCOUNT - why?

1. Received Several Successful Login Attempts from "MS AZURE" last month on my MS ACCOUNT - why? - Similar Threads - Received Several Successful

2. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  3. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  4. MS Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Login: Why am I getting this error since installing office 2019 pro plus ? My login credentials have been stored on the same password vault for 10 years without any recent changes. I was finally able to login to the community hub after trying the standard login and the 365 login....
  5. MS Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Login: Why am I getting this error since installing office 2019 pro plus ? My login credentials have been stored on the same password vault for 10 years without any recent changes. I was finally able to login to the community hub after trying the standard login and the 365 login....
  6. Why MS account now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why MS account now?: After an update for Windows 10, after I get in using my local account password it says "add your microsoft account" There is NO option to bypass this. Any suggestions? So far Mr Google has been no help. No matter what the answers say, there is no fine print that says "use...
  7. Ms account login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms account login problem: Can not login to mircosoft account because win 10 wants my password for my local account. All I have is my pin number. 137346
  8. Bitlocker Not Shown on my MS account or Azure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Not Shown on my MS account or Azure: Hi there, I have been locked out of my hard drive by Bitlocker. 1st I did not activate this, 2nd MS in my account shows its activated, ie with out my authorisation. I have spent 5days researching this common issue which has my business 10s of 1000s of $. Given that MS...
  9. MS Account Login Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account Login Problem: So I recently changed the alias for my MS account, was also able to figure out how to change the email address when logged into Windows. I had problems starting windows today, so I did a startup repair. When I got to the login screen it is now using my old MS account email....
  10. Is KB3214628 the last update from MS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is KB3214628 the last update from MS?: Got that one about month ago nothing since. 77003

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 40.69.166.245 microsoft

2. ip 40.69.166.245 microsoft