Windows 10: Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.

Discus and support Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This computer was used by several members of my daughter's family, and at least two Microsoft accounts were associated with the computer. They didn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GailWestendorf, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.

This computer was used by several members of my daughter's family, and at least two Microsoft accounts were associated with the computer. They didn't want the computer any longer, so they gave it to me.Boot times are terrible, and it appears that a significant part of the slow down is due to the computer trying to login into her families' Microsoft accounts, email accounts, cloud storage, etc., but these logins fail due to updates to passwords that they have made to their accounts.I would like to remove these accounts from this computer, but don't want to mess up their Microsoft, email, cloud

:)

GailWestendorf, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information. :(

Zakin, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.

1. Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information. - Similar Threads - Received computer daughter

2. Daughter has Admisitrator flag on her account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Daughter has Admisitrator flag on her account: Hello. I just attempted to switch my daughter's account from Administrator to Standard User. The settings show her as a Standard User, but on our Family Settings page she is still flagged as an Administrator?...
  3. Daughter has Admisitrator flag on her account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daughter has Admisitrator flag on her account: Hello. I just attempted to switch my daughter's account from Administrator to Standard User. The settings show her as a Standard User, but on our Family Settings page she is still flagged as an Administrator?...
  4. Daughter has Admisitrator flag on her account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?: I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen time under the Family Safety app but can't see the "Family & other people" options in settings following the online...
  6. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?: I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen time under the Family Safety app but can't see the "Family & other people" options in settings following the online...
  7. Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.: This computer was used by several members of my daughter's family, and at least two Microsoft accounts were associated with the computer. They didn't want the computer any longer, so they gave it to me.Boot times are terrible, and it appears that a significant part of the...
  8. Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.

Received Windows 10 computer from daughter. How do I remove her microsoft account information.: This computer was used by several members of my daughter's family, and at least two Microsoft accounts were associated with the computer. They didn't want the computer any longer, so they gave it to me.Boot times are terrible, and it appears that a significant part of the...
  9. How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account: I signed into the xbox console companion app to change my daughter's gamertag. Now her account is somehow linked to my local account.When I go to winkey => settings => Your info, I see my local account name with her email address listed below it.When I try to go to Firefox,...
  10. How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?: Having a real issue with Windows broadcasting my info online, all I want to do is remove my account from my laptop, have no interest in having any account attached to my laptop, just want to use my accounts necessary and leave them logged out when not, instead of constantly...