Windows 10: Receiving Device Census notice every morning

Discus and support Receiving Device Census notice every morning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every morning when I open my laptop I have a security notice about Device Census. I tell it to block it. I don't want my webcam being used. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarshaSavage, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Receiving Device Census notice every morning

Every morning when I open my laptop I have a security notice about Device Census. I tell it to block it. I don't want my webcam being used. It seems that if I block it, I should not get this notice every day. What is this about. Thank you.

:)

MarshaSavage, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Device Census

Hi Roy,

We understand your concern regarding Device Census. DeviceCensus.exe is part of Microsoft Windows Operating System, and it is an important part of it. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did you start noticing this behavior?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the number of DeviceCensus.exe increase only when you're playing games?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps to prevent this from happening?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Sep 30, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Device Census

"I get what Device Census is and does"

I have zero Device Census processes running, and had never heard of Device Census until your post.

I'm guessing this may be because on day one of installing Win10 I disabled
    all
    of the options in Settings > Privacy that have the slightest

whiff of telemetry about them.

"Device Census plays a vital role in collecting metadata information on your device."
    Not to me it ain't vital...

- However, with only 19% RAM in use (fairly typical if you have 16GB RAM ) I wouldn't think having all these barely running processes

is going to hurt gaming performance. Do you actually notice better performance when disabling background processes ?

This was a useful trick in days of small quantities of RAM and slow single core cpu's, but I haven't bothered in years and didn't think

it was much help any more, if ever.

BossDweeb, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Receiving Device Census notice every morning

device census

Not true at all. unchecked the option 'Let apps use my camera hardware' and still received the pop up message
    that said "device census is using the webcam". That popup msg was sent by kaspersky internet security. Regards.

NorbertoPerez O, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Receiving Device Census notice every morning

1. Receiving Device Census notice every morning - Similar Threads - Receiving Device Census

2. Random BSOD every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every morning: Hi,I have a question, my computer has a fresh install of windows 11 home, every morning it would have a BSOD once or twice in some cases within an hour of each other. Something is causing the crash, i guess it could be a driver and i dont know which one, ive done a memtest...
  3. Random BSOD every morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every morning: Hi,I have a question, my computer has a fresh install of windows 11 home, every morning it would have a BSOD once or twice in some cases within an hour of each other. Something is causing the crash, i guess it could be a driver and i dont know which one, ive done a memtest...
  4. Notice i received today

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notice i received today: Adobe will remove Flash Player download pages from its site after the EOL Date. Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. what need to be done? does acrobat dc work for that? 171275
  5. Computer is on every morning?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer is on every morning?: Microsoft Community I have a Lenovo T14 Gen 1 that is running Windows 10, version 2004. I started noticing that my laptop is on every morning. I initially thought that maybe it was getting hung up when shutting it off in the evening but that doesn't seem to be an issue. It...
  6. Device Census

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Census: Why does Device Census want to access my webcam......?????? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-census/c76c7141-42ae-40c5-a579-04d0a19fe878"
  7. Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!: Firstly, NO process should be able to view from a Webcam or listen from a Mic without specific. clear PRIOR PERMISSION. I do not need to be having my privacy disturbed by uninvited people or staff from Microsoft!! Secondly, I am feeling insecure from this Device Census! I...
  8. Device Census is using webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Census is using webcam: These replies have not been helpful. How can Microsoft justify using the webcam on MY laptop without my SPECIFIC approval. What an invasion of my privacy. Is this not arrogance on the part of Microsift? Have I misunderstood? If so, I am willing to apoligise for my ignorance....
  9. Device Census Stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Census Stopped working: On Thursday, July 12 2018 I updated Windows 10 to Version 1803, Os build 17134.165. Since then, every time I turn on my computer I get an application failure in Reliability Monitor: Device Census Stopped working. It's always the same : Description Faulting Application Path:...
  10. Device Census

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Census: Why is my device census has stopped working ando how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/device-census/b52ac796-dec9-48e8-b2a0-4b47026d9b48

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webcam device census