Windows 10: Receiving Email Notifications When Battery Saver is on

Discus and support Receiving Email Notifications When Battery Saver is on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a Microsoft surface pro and I usually leave battery saver on. For this reason, I made my mail and calendar app always run in the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Saife Salem, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Saife Salem Win User

Receiving Email Notifications When Battery Saver is on

I am using a Microsoft surface pro and I usually leave battery saver on. For this reason, I made my mail and calendar app always run in the background by going to settings then battery and ticking the box to allow the app to run background tasks. This means I could receive emails when the email app is closed, however, when I shut down my device and turn it on the next day, I stop receiving email notifications. I only start receiving notifications when I go back to settings and untick the box to allow the app to run background tasks then tick it again.

:)

Saife Salem, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Janeane Cru Win User

How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

Hi,

You are receiving Battery Saver notifications to help you prolong the battery life of your desktop. To help you resolve this concern, we would like to suggest these steps to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver. Turn off the slider.

Let us know if the above steps resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 7, 2018
  3. BruceNoonan Win User
    How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

The Battery saver notification switch is set to 'on' and is grayed out, and can't be changed.

BruceNoonan, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Black Panther Win User

Long delay in receiving email notifications

While I doubt if this is something TPU could fix, I wonder if this is a common problem?

Email notifications for private messages and thread updates take between 30 and 60 minutes for me. Which kinda defeats their purpose..

For example, I received a private message at 4:45pm. Then at 5:37pm I receive an email notification of a private message, only to find out that it was the same message I had read nearly an hour earlier.

Black Panther, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Receiving Email Notifications When Battery Saver is on - Similar Threads - Receiving Email Notifications

2. Wrong notification about a received email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong notification about a received email: My PC shows one unopened email in my Microsoft mail app. I can see the sender and the topic but I cannot delete this notification. I restarted my PC but this indication is still there. How can I remove it?...
  3. Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of stopping the Taskbar from not auto-hiding when one of my active programs, e.g. Skype, sends a notifcation. Answers I've seen on the forums are something like "To resolve your concern, we suggest that you click the little arrow at the...
  4. Battery Saver Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Saver Win 10: I have a Sony Vaio which has its own bespoke battery management system which seems, since the installation of Windows 10, not to work in the way it used to do. I note that windows 10 has a "Battery Saver" which (I guess) purports to undertake that functionality. is it...
  5. Notifications of messages received

Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  6. Receiving the new email notification and the previous email notification at the same time.

Receiving the new email notification and the previous email notification at the same time.: Hi, I am receiving a repeat of old email notifications and a notification for new emails. From windows notification center. This is happening every time I receive a new email. We are on office 365 business and using outlook 2016 on a Windows 10 64bit OS. this can happen for...
  7. Battery saver is not working.

Battery saver is not working.: I don't know exactly when, but battery saver has stopped worki since last update. It is neither turning on manually nor automatically when battery goes below 20%. I have already tried to turn it on in action panel, tried changing battery settings and also tried restore power...
  8. notification the battery saver icon is grayed out and cannot be pressed

notification the battery saver icon is grayed out and cannot be pressed: so , i have a problem with my battery saver. when i press the battery icon on my taskbar it used to have brightness button and battery saver button and now it is gone the batter saver icon and in the notification the battery saver icon is grayed out and cannot be pressed...
  9. Printing an email received.

in Browsers and Email
    Printing an email received.: Hi. I am having trouble trying to print an email. When I control-print I get my printer and select it. I fill in other various options like printing a single page. At the bottom of this in the task bar I can see faintly "Print" and "Cancel" but I cannot select either. "More...
  10. battery saver won't reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    battery saver won't reduce brightness: Hi every one , i have this problem when i was playing online before i was using battery power so i put auto active battery saver on 20% when was get to that level battery saver was been activated and reduced brightness level with it so i was plugging in the charger but no it...