Windows 10: Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac...

Discus and support Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all. Recently I have not been able to use Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.3 to access some Windows 10 VM's that I previously was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raider Power, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac...

Hello all. Recently I have not been able to use Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.3 to access some Windows 10 VM's that I previously was able to access with no issue. I am getting the below error.

We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

Error code: 0x204

I have looked at a number of articles that speak to this issue occurring, but have not been able reach a solution. I should note that I recently upgraded my Mac to Catalina, but I think this issue began to occur before I upgraded from Mojave, but I may be wrong about this. Also note that when I am working from home I connect to our work network using Pulse Secure VPN, but I have been using Pulse for a long time and have been able to connect to our VM's with no issue. Also, when in the office, I get the same error, even though I am hardwired directly into our company network.

A common solution I saw on the web from various sources suggested the following:

Quit RDP on the Mac, hold the option key & click on the Go menu to enable showing the Library & select that.

Within that user's Library (NOT the top-level Library folder),

navigate into Containers and set aside com.microsoft.rdc.macos and com.microsoft.rdc.mac (one of those is for v8, just pull them both aside).

go back to the User's Library and open the Group Containers folder.

Set aside the folder

UBF8T346G9.com.microsoft.rdc

In the Terminal (logged in as the user in question) issue the following, which will reset (kill and it will then auto-relaunch) the preference caching daemon, as prefs are AGGRESSIVELY cached in current versions of OS X.

killall cfprefsd

I tried the above steps on my machine, but unfortunately without success. Might anyone here know of other steps I might try to take to resolve this issue? Maybe some network settings I might need to adjust? I have tried turning on and off Symantec Endpoint that I have on my Mac, but with no effect. Unfortunately, I cannot uninstall Symantec as it is managed by our IT department. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this question is not posted in the right place, as I was not sure what topic I should post this under. Thanks.

:)

Raider Power, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Z_Johnson Win User

windows remote desktop error code 0x204

I receive an error code 0x204 when attempting to use windows remote desktop 10 on my mac book pro, this isn't always the case. This only happens when at home/on my home wifi. I can successfully connect when I use the same process but on my college campus/on
    school wifi. Is there any solution to this so I can use the remote desktop at home using the program for my school project?

Z_Johnson, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Error: 0x204 when trying to connect to server using Microsoft remote desktop app on Mac

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving the error 0x204 when trying to connect to the server using the Microsoft remote desktop app for Mac.

You can try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

1. Quit the remote desktop program on Mac and hold the option key.
    2. Now click on the Go menu to enable the library and select the user’s that.
    3. Now navigate into containers folder and copy com.microsoft.rdc.macos and com.microsoft.rdc.mac and paste it on a different location.
    4. Now go back to the user’s library and open the group containers folder
    5. Copy UBF8T346G9.com.microsoft.rdc and paste it on a different location.
    6. Restart the PC.

Also, you can try resetting the network settings for your Mac and see if that helps. Refer the article by Apple on

How to use network locations on your Mac

However, as the issue is related to connecting to server using remote desktop app, I suggest you to post your issue on

TechNet forum
    as we have experts who have more knowledge about connecting to server.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac...

Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Error 0x204

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error 0x204 when you try to log in to Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 app for Mac.

I would suggest you to check if you are using the latest version of Microsoft Remote Desktop app. Please install the latest version and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can try resetting the network settings for your Mac and check. Please refer the Apple article

How to use network locations on your Mac

You may also refer the article
    Get started with Remote Desktop on Mac
    and see if that helps.

However, as the issue is related to Remote Desktop Client, the ideal forum to post the query will be

TechNet forums
    . Where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop clients.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac...

1. Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac... - Similar Threads - Receiving Error 0x204

2. Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204: Hi,As per question above. Please help :On the host pc settings I have:Enable Remote Desktop - OnKeep my PC awake... when it is pluggen in - Checked but greyed outMake my PC discoverable....from a remote device - Checked on but greyed outThe RD Client app settings on the...
  3. Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204: Hi,As per question above. Please help :On the host pc settings I have:Enable Remote Desktop - OnKeep my PC awake... when it is pluggen in - Checked but greyed outMake my PC discoverable....from a remote device - Checked on but greyed outThe RD Client app settings on the...
  4. Error 0x204 on remote desktop - help needed please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x204 on remote desktop - help needed please: Hi I'm working from home and am trying to connect to my PC at work. I have had it set up from my laptop and working fine. However I've moved locations and now cannot connect and am getting error 0x204 with the following: "You have disconnected because another connection was...
  5. Error 0x204 with Microsoft Remote Desktop on Catalina

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x204 with Microsoft Remote Desktop on Catalina: I keep getting Error code 0x204 "Unable to connect. We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and the remote access is enabled". when trying to connect to my office computer by Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac OS...
  6. Microsoft Remote Desktop: Error code: 0x204

Microsoft Remote Desktop: Error code: 0x204: I use my iMac macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 and remote into my Windows 10 PC at work from home using our company VPN. This has been working fine until yesterday when I got: Unable to connect We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected...
  7. Can't use Remote Desktop, Error code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Remote Desktop, Error code: 0x204: Whenever I try to connect my computer via Remote Desktop app, this error shows up. I'm using win10 pro and iphone. How should I solve this problem? submitted by /u/farukbigez [link] [comments]...
  8. RDP on MAC error code 0x204

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP on MAC error code 0x204: Im using RDP on a macbook and imac to access my home desktop and works perfectly from my workplace and etc. I also set it up on my partners computer (also macbook) and when we test it using our home network and my private hotspot it works perfectly. I have configured the...
  9. Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Error 0x204

Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Error 0x204: I have been using the MS Remote Desktop 10 app for Mac with no issues. However, when I now try to log in I get the following error: We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled. Error...
  10. windows remote desktop error code 0x204

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows remote desktop error code 0x204: I receive an error code 0x204 when attempting to use windows remote desktop 10 on my mac book pro, this isn't always the case. This only happens when at home/on my home wifi. I can successfully connect when I use the same process but on my college campus/on school wifi. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UBF8T346G9.com.microsoft.rdc vpn

2. rd client error code 0x204

3. error code 0x204 on mac to win 7 machine