Windows 10: Receiving Error 0x8007049a when trying to change where new content new apps is saved in...

Discus and support Receiving Error 0x8007049a when trying to change where new content new apps is saved in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday, Laptop Dell G3 15 did not start after 5 mins and the power button was pressed again. This caused disk errors which were repaired at startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Causewayer7, May 27, 2020.

1. Receiving Error 0x8007049a when trying to change where new content new apps is saved in...

Yesterday, Laptop Dell G3 15 did not start after 5 mins and the power button was pressed again.
    This caused disk errors which were repaired at startup but continue to get 'repairing' at each startup.

Otherwise Windows 10 starts and seems to be running ok.

However, when installing a new App I was only given the option of saving to C: SSD

In Windows 10 Settings/Storage - 'new content new apps is saved' was set to D: HD but it had changed to C:

When try to change it back to D: - Receiving Error 0x8007049a

Tried:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    and
    sfc /scannow
    Errors showed and were fixed on c: but no errors on d:

Cannot install new apps as not enough space on the SSD.

D: can be accessed ok but CheckDisk doesn't run on it from File Explorer/Tools.

:)

Causewayer7, May 27, 2020

2. change where new content is saved error

Could somebody please provide me with a simple solution to this problem please. I am trying to change where new content is saved and I get and error code 0x80070005 when trying to change the (New apps will save toReceiving Error 0x8007049a when trying to change where new content new apps is saved in... :). everything other than that has changed
    no problem.

im logged into the only account on the pc as admin I have troubleshooted this with no solution. starting to become frustrating

lWesticusl, May 27, 2020
  3. Unable to change where new content is saved.

Just did a clean install of Windows 10 and now In Setting when I try to change where new content is saved I get the following error: "We couldn't set your default save location" "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again later". Error code
    0x80070005. Any Suggestions?

richard000000001, May 27, 2020
  4. Cap913 Win User

Receiving Error 0x8007049a when trying to change where new content new apps is saved in...

Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section

if u go on your computer and go to start>settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved. from there i want to change "new apps will save to" to a different drive, but when i try to change i get an error.

Cap913, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Receiving Error 0x8007049a when trying to change where new content new apps is saved in...

1. Receiving Error 0x8007049a when trying to change where new content new apps is saved in... - Similar Threads - Receiving Error 0x8007049a

2. Change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change where new content is saved error: I am currently having the problem of not being able to change the location that new apps install to. It is currently my C drive but i want to change it do my D drive. When i allow windows to delete the apps from the drive the error code: 0x80070005 appears. From the bit of...
  3. Change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change where new content is saved error: I am currently having the problem of not being able to change the location that new apps install to. It is currently my C drive but i want to change it do my D drive. When i allow windows to delete the apps from the drive the error code: 0x80070005 appears. From the bit of...
  4. Change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change where new content is saved: I can't set new apps saved to windows d drive and all it says is 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-where-new-content-is-saved/864a6e53-e024-4ff0-85a5-99e293095c57
  5. Change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change where new content is saved error: Windows wont allow me to change where my apps will save, saying “We couldnt set your desired save location” followed by a string of text with the error code 0x80070005 I reposted this because the person who replied probably gave the right info but their english was a...
  6. Change where new content is saved error

Change where new content is saved error: Windows wont allow me to change where my apps will save, saying “We couldnt set your desired save location” followed by a string of text with the error code 0x80070005...
  7. change where new content is saved

change where new content is saved: so I got Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox app a few months back, and when I try to install the game it gives me two options, to install it on my C:/ drive SSD, or on my D:/ drive HDD. I have to install it on my D:/ drive because there is no more space on my C:/ drive, but then it...
  8. Change where the new content is saved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change where the new content is saved: I cannot change the drive where new applications should be installed. Error code 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-where-the-new-content-is-saved/6e5995b8-a124-4d44-911e-93b3087d43ed
  9. Change where new content is saved.

Change where new content is saved.: I have a new Laptop, 2 drives, OS and DATA. I want all my files that would be stored under user's downloads, pictures, documents etc to be automatically stored on the DATA drive, leaving me space for my apps on OS. Any ideas how I do this as the settings for changing where...
  10. change where new content is saved error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change where new content is saved error: Could somebody please provide me with a simple solution to this problem please. I am trying to change where new content is saved and I get and error code 0x80070005 when trying to change the (New apps will save to:). everything other than that has changed no problem. im...