Windows 10: Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation

Discus and support Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to add my child to my account. I've successfully added one child, but can't add another. My husband is also using the family account, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BigMacAM, Feb 15, 2019.

1. BigMacAM Win User

Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation

I'm trying to add my child to my account. I've successfully added one child, but can't add another. My husband is also using the family account, but he's not appearing on my list of family members.

I've tried looking at other forums, but nothing is resolving this problem.

:)

BigMacAM, Feb 15, 2019

2. Accepted family invites not displayed

Hi

I have sent invites to my children to add them to my family. They have received the email and accepted the invite but this is not shown on the family page.

The status for both children still displays 'Invitation sent to their email. When they accept, they'll join your family.'

I also am not able to access security settings for them.

Why is my account not showing accepted invitations?

StanCitrine, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Valsgoal Win User
    Child unable to accept invitation

I just got my brand new laptop with Windows 10 already on it. When attempting to add my daughter as a child user I followed the steps, sent her an invite, which she did receive and clicks on [accept invite] but in the next step where it asks if she wants
    to join the family, she gets this message: "Try another page. This link isn’t working.".

I've read other posts from other users and they seem to have gotten this same message when the invite went unanswered past the 14 days. This is NOT the case here. The laptop is new as of today. The invite was extended today. The invite acceptance was
    being done today.

Valsgoal, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation

Invitation sent to their email address. but even when they accept the message is not updated online

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

There could be a corruption with the Family Safety settings. I suggest you to remove and re-add the account.

Follow these steps:

• Go to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family#/
    • You will see the child account listed with a message saying that the invitation has been sent.
    • Click on Remove option and select the child account with the "invitation has been sent" message.
    • Click the Add option and re-enter your child's email address.

Also try the suggestions provided by k_zed on November 28, 2015
    to a similar issue in the following link.

Invitation to join family not received

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation

1. Receiving error message when trying to accept family invitation - Similar Threads - Receiving error message

2. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  3. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  4. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant accept 0365 family invite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant accept 0365 family invite: I have received an invite to join my family 365 subscription. However I cant accept it as it states i am already in a family group. I have tried to leave this family group as directed but it wont let me and therefore I cant accept the invite. How do I leave the family group I...
  6. I cant accept 0365 family invite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant accept 0365 family invite: I have received an invite to join my family 365 subscription. However I cant accept it as it states i am already in a family group. I have tried to leave this family group as directed but it wont let me and therefore I cant accept the invite. How do I leave the family group I...
  7. I cant accept 0365 family invite

8. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: Hi, My wife has an MS account. I have logged on to my account and invited her to join the family to benefit from MS 365 as an organiser. It shows under "Notifications" that her invite is pending. The invite did NOT generate an email to my wife. I have left matters for a...
  9. https://account.microsoft.com/family/invite-accept

https://account.microsoft.com/family/invite-accept: Hello, We renewed our account to O365, including extra capacity with ONE DRIVE. We added succesfully 3 members of our family to the family account but I can't add myself to the family-account. I receive always this popup, as member and as organizer. How can I solve...
  10. I get an error when trying to accept an invite to a family

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get an error when trying to accept an invite to a family: What do I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-when-trying-to-accept-an-invite-to/c94f729e-3052-4e74-b99c-559f901baab6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to receive family invitation microsoft

2. something went wrong when accepting invitation from family

3. accept invitation from child account something went wrong

4. repeat message invitation cant be accepted windows 10,
  5. i cant add my child in windows family account as he cant receive invitation mail,
  6. microsoft family accept invitation,
  7. trying to accept invitation to a family account but get sorry something went wrong,
  8. error page when kid accept family safety request,
  9. cant accept microsoft family invitation