Windows 10: Receiving 'Failed to create empty document' error on calling opendocumentfile() on Windows...

Discus and support Receiving 'Failed to create empty document' error on calling opendocumentfile() on Windows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am facing 'Failed to create empty document' error in an application when calling opendocumentfile() on Windows 10 version 1709 (16299.1451). This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Himanshu196, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Receiving 'Failed to create empty document' error on calling opendocumentfile() on Windows...

I am facing 'Failed to create empty document' error in an application when calling opendocumentfile() on Windows 10 version 1709 (16299.1451).

This error does not occur when i launch the application from within Visual Studio or run as an administrator.

Also this error does not occur on Windows 10 version 1803 (17134.1069).

If there is any bug fixed in the meanwhile, would appreciate if someone can share the details about the same.

:)

Himanshu196, Oct 14, 2019

2. Windows 10, Twinui failed procedure calls and No listing of error in Event Log .

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with access the photos with error:
    The remote procedure call failed after the Windows update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code/ error message of this issue?
    • What is the photos file type you are facing the issue with?
    • Which is latest update being installed on your device?

I suggest you to use Windows Photo app to view the photos and check if the issue persists.

As a work around I suggest you to try the following and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to uninstall the update, restart the device and check if you are able to access the photos.

Steps:

1. Right click on the
    Start button and select Programs and Features.

2. Click on View installed updates.

3. Right click on the latest update and then click
    Uninstall.

Note: Administrator permission required if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Method 2: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual.

Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service,
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2019
  3. RPC call failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: If the service is already started and set to manual, then run
    System file checker (SFC) scan on your computer.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

Receiving 'Failed to create empty document' error on calling opendocumentfile() on Windows...

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Receiving 'Failed to create empty document' error on calling opendocumentfile() on Windows...

1. Receiving 'Failed to create empty document' error on calling opendocumentfile() on Windows... - Similar Threads - Receiving 'Failed create

2. My Documents is Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is Empty: Hi guys,I am running Windows 10, "Documents" folder all the sudden is empty. And no its not in C:/Users . I think I know part of the problem because also alot of Desktop icons for software that I forgot I had also came back. This might be OneDrive syncing or doing whatever it...
  3. My Documents is Empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is Empty: Hi guys,I am running Windows 10, "Documents" folder all the sudden is empty. And no its not in C:/Users . I think I know part of the problem because also alot of Desktop icons for software that I forgot I had also came back. This might be OneDrive syncing or doing whatever it...
  4. My Documents is Empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents Folder Suddenly Empty

Documents Folder Suddenly Empty: My Documents folder has seemingly deleted itself, just as if it's contents never existed. They contents have just disappeared overnight.I've tried quite a few solutions, but none have helped in the slightest.I've tried going into the Documents folder and ticking the "Hidden...
  6. The system call to get the ‘My Document folder failed.

The system call to get the ‘My Document folder failed.: I have recently found a problem with a genealogy program Legacy which I have been using without issue for several years through regular upgrades. When I try to open Legacy I get a message “The system call to get the ‘My Document folder failed. Sorry, Legacy cannot be run with...
  7. The system call to get the ‘My Document folder failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system call to get the ‘My Document folder failed.: I have recently found a problem with a genealogy program Legacy which I have been using without issue for several years through regular upgrades. When I try to open Legacy I get a message “The system call to get the ‘My Document folder failed. Sorry, Legacy cannot be run with...
  8. The system call to get the ‘My Document folder failed.

9. Documents folder suddenly empty

Documents folder suddenly empty: Please excuse my bad English, but I desperately need help with this one. On 8/19/2020 in the evening, my Documents folder is empty, no clues why this is happening.[ATTACH] I searched online and there are only two problems I found so far. 1. The virus or for some...
  10. Failed to create empty document

Failed to create empty document: Dear friends, each time I try to open a particular program (Mathcad 15) I get the message 'Failed to create empty document'. Then the program goes on but is useless because I cannot open an new or existing document. In my opinion this is a permission problem because the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create to file empty document error in laptop

2. windows 10 failed to create blank ducument error