Windows 10: Receiving Notification when device is locked

Discus and support Receiving Notification when device is locked in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hey, would like to know is there any way the device will notify with sound & badge notification when it is locked or the screen switches off due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sameer Sayed, May 6, 2020.

1. Receiving Notification when device is locked

hey, would like to know is there any way the device will notify with sound & badge notification when it is locked or the screen switches off due to power setting.

device is Surface Pro

thanks.

:)

Sameer Sayed, May 6, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 6, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Lock Screen Notifications

Hi Aaron,

If you already receive the email notification before disabling the lock screen notification, it will not go away unless you've read the email.

Since you've mention that there is no new email when you've checked it, there is a high possibility that it is indeed a new email as shown on the lock screen, but it did not appear on the Mail app since it is not syncing properly.

For us to verify if it is syncing issue, we suggest sending a test email. If the email did not arrive, we highly recommend removing your account on Mail app for it to sync properly using the steps below:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click Settings. (As shown on the picture below.)

Receiving Notification when device is locked aee921fe-fffe-4630-9f2d-ed20845af183.png
    • Select Manage Accounts.
    • Select the account you want to remove, and select Delete account from this device.
    • Then, add your account. Please check this link
      for instructions on how to add your account.

After successfully adding the account, check if you will receive the new emails then open it. Afterwards, check the lock screen if it will still provide you the notification. This will help us isolate if the issue is caused by incorrect notification
    of lock screen or Mail app not receiving new email messages.

Please update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, May 6, 2020
  4. Receiving Notification when device is locked

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Receiving Notification when device is locked

1. Receiving Notification when device is locked - Similar Threads - Receiving Notification device

2. Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.: I am receiving Lock-Screen Notifications of a Media Player playing a random video. I don't which browser is doing this, but a random video is shown every time I open my system form the lock screen.Some things I found out: 1. Random Videos are YouTube Videos but from channels...
  3. Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.: I am receiving Lock-Screen Notifications of a Media Player playing a random video. I don't which browser is doing this, but a random video is shown every time I open my system form the lock screen.Some things I found out: 1. Random Videos are YouTube Videos but from channels...
  4. Not receiving notifications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving notifications in fullscreen: Hello there, for the last few months I have not been getting notifications while I have anything in full screen. I currently have Focus Assist turned off and I still hear notification sounds from apps such as Discord but I cannot see the actual notification box in the bottom...
  5. Disappearing task bar switches to locked when a notification is received.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disappearing task bar switches to locked when a notification is received.: Microsoft, if you read these, please allow the 'Disappearing Taskbar' behavior to continue working when receiving an orange app notification. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable these and the task bar switches to 'Locked Taskbar' functionality every time you receive a...
  6. Turn screen on when receiving notification

Turn screen on when receiving notification: When I receive a notification in windows it usually plays an alert sound. Since it is possible that a sound is played, is it also possible to tie other actions to it? Specifically, I would like my screen to be turned on when I receive a notification, or alternatively run a...
  7. Light up screen when receiving a notification

Light up screen when receiving a notification: Is there any way to make the screen of my laptop light up when it is automatically answering a Skype videocall? Because of the corona virus, my grandpa can't visit my grandmother and they would like to call every once in a while. Unfortunately my grandma isn't very mobile, so...
  8. Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications

Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of stopping the Taskbar from not auto-hiding when one of my active programs, e.g. Skype, sends a notifcation. Answers I've seen on the forums are something like "To resolve your concern, we suggest that you click the little arrow at the...
  9. Receiving Email Notifications When Battery Saver is on

Receiving Email Notifications When Battery Saver is on: I am using a Microsoft surface pro and I usually leave battery saver on. For this reason, I made my mail and calendar app always run in the background by going to settings then battery and ticking the box to allow the app to run background tasks. This means I could receive...
  10. Notifications of messages received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....