Windows 10: Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...

Discus and support Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot seem to get management access under family options for my kid's device, even after downloading and installing Win10 updates. The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mksdc, Aug 31, 2019.

1. mksdc Win User

Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...

Hello,

I cannot seem to get management access under family options for my kid's device, even after downloading and installing Win10 updates.

The child has been added to the family and appears to be verified.

I am an admin with my Microsoft account on his laptop, and he is a standard user on it.

I have tried logging us both out and back in on both devices and have restarted his laptop multiple times.

Please advise. Thanks.

:)

mksdc, Aug 31, 2019
  2. McHenry Win User

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE
    were limited to 8MB of internet cache)

I removed the profile, and had him login again, and a new profile was created, resolving the Edge issues, however the Family Features are not active or working. His time limits are not enforced, and my Family settings online at https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    indicate that there is an issue with his account.

"Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly."

The resolution steps indicate that I should do the following:

"To fix this:

1. Have your child sign in with their Microsoft account on their device.
    2. Open Microsoft Edge and go to Microsoft - Official Home Page.
    3. Follow the instructions on screen to verify their account."

When I follow the steps and try to go to the URL, Windows 10 attempts to open the Microsoft Store app to look for an app to open MS_WPC

On the same computer, when I go to the same URL, it asks for my live credentials, then updates the Family Features settings.

It seems like windows is not fully linking to his Windows Live account. For his siblings, their accounts show up as their email address until they login, then it resolves to their full name. For the new profile for him, this does not happen. I have removed
    the profile a few times and tried starting over again, but it yields the same result. Any ideas or suggestions?

Perhaps has the default profile become corrupted?

EDIT: He has received notification that his time is up, but when he requests more time, there is an error that indicates there may be an issue with the Internet connection (which there is not).

McHenry, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Issues with using Family Safety on Windows 10 and child device is not monitored by parent account.

Hi Joe,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if monitor the child device activity is disabled in the Family Safety.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about setting up Family Safety account and how to configure the child limits.

Set up your family:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Set the right limits for your child:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/set-child-limits

Monitor your child's device use with activity reports:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

Please get back to us with an update on issue with configuring child account in the Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...

Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...

1. Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to... - Similar Threads - Receiving Update child's

2. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  3. Device not listed for child account in family

Device not listed for child account in family: I have setup my child with Microsoft family and allowed access.Both accounts - parent and child - are on same Windows 10 pc. Child account is a standard user.However after child sign-in, the Microsoft family pape still showsConnected Devices:0for the child. That's why I...
  4. Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work.

Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work.: I get the above error under Recent activity - Notifications section of the microsoft website when logged on. I have installed microsoft launcher onto my sons asus Android tablet and I can't seem to enable location permissions. when i look at the option under family (microsoft...
  5. "Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...

"Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...: Hi, My daughter is using a number of PCs at home, one of them being the one supplied by the school. On all PCs, she's using her MSA to log in, and everything (Windows logon, OneDrive, Skype...) is linked to that MSA. Still, on that particular device supplied by the...
  6. Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!

Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!: I recently setup a new laptop for my child for school. After adding his account to the laptop, the new device appeared in Microsoft Family, but with the message of "Update your child's Windows 10 device [DEVICE-NAME] to get family features to work." I ran through all Windows...
  7. continue to receive message to update childs device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continue to receive message to update childs device: to fix activity reporting of a child's account the family account page continues to display the message to update my childs device, but I've updated it several times until the device says that it's up to date, and yet I continue to get the message of needing to update it....
  8. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I am getting message (as per subject) on one of...
  9. Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child: We have two computers. Both show-up in my Microsoft account. My daughter is already in my Microsoft Family. I can track her activity on only one of the two computers. In my Microsoft account, I noticed that under her account it says: Devices connected to this...
  10. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Hi, In my Microsoft Family, I am seeing the following message for one of the Child accounts: "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly." When I click "See Devices", it specifies the device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update your childs windows 10 device to get family features to work.

2. update your childs windows 10 device to get family features to work

3. update your childs windows 10 device

4. update your childs windows 10 device family,
  5. update your childs windows 10 device seanslaptop to get family features to work.,
  6. update your childs windows 10 device scarlettlaptop to get family features to work.,
  7. Update your childs Windows 10 device DESKTOP-IVE7QMF to get family features to work,
  8. Update your childs Windows 10 device name xx to get family features to work.,
  9. Update your childs Windows 10 device family features,
  10. update your childs windows 10 device to get family features to work. error but pc is up to date,
  11. windows family screen time Update your childs Windows 10 device rog to get family features to work. ,
  12. Update your childs Windows 10 device DESKTOP-PRTLRBL to get family features to work. ,
  13. update your childs windows 10 device lye-family to get family features to work.