Windows 10: Recent Activities Display

Discus and support Recent Activities Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible in Windows 10 to not show recent activity in Windows Explorer while keeping the lists of recent files for apps in the task bar? John49... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John_49, Jan 10, 2020.

1. John_49 Win User

Recent Activities Display

Is it possible in Windows 10 to not show recent activity in Windows Explorer while keeping the lists of recent files for apps in the task bar?

John49

:)

John_49, Jan 10, 2020
  2. cl1001 Win User

Child account - Recent Activity & Web Browsing issues not collected

I tried the suggested action, but still not seeing any recent activities listed.

cl1001, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Recent Activities Display - Similar Threads - Recent Activities Display

2. Recent activity not logged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent activity not logged: I just went into my 'recent activity' in one of my outlook accounts, and the only activiy that was logged was my current session. Is there an explanation for this? I had logged on from other machines previously - and expected to see these logins.I am worried that I cannot...
  3. Recent activity not logged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent activity not logged: I just went into my 'recent activity' in one of my outlook accounts, and the only activiy that was logged was my current session. Is there an explanation for this? I had logged on from other machines previously - and expected to see these logins.I am worried that I cannot...
  4. Unable to activate windows 10. It was activated initially, but recently started displaying...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows 10. It was activated initially, but recently started displaying...: Below is the screens shot. if I click on trouble shoot, it will ask to upgrade copy of windows, but even if I do, windows will not get activated.[ATTACH]...
  5. delete recent photo activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete recent photo activity: Hi, I use windows 10 and have a dell Inspiron 3670 computer. When I type jpg in the task bar next to the windows logo a list of .jpg files comes up. If I click on one of them the picture shows up. My grand daughter sometimes uses my computer. How do I delete this...
  6. Recent Activities

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Activities: is there a way to get rid of recent activities when I load Windows 7? This is no substituted for Favorites. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-activities/03678bfd-d8ef-4a19-a135-1baeebb95797
  7. Recent activity totally irealistc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recent activity totally irealistc: Hi On my Win10 kid's family account the recent activity report is totally out of range. For instance 21h54 on Friday, 15h16 on Saturday while the total of the top apps for the whole week doesn't add up to more than 1 hour... Realistic time would be between 2 and 3h/day....
  8. Display Not Active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Not Active: Why is one of my displays not active? This occurred after removing my laptop from its docking station. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-not-active/761e1049-c739-4e3c-9a6c-2195b0684643
  9. Recent Activity - Location is different

Recent Activity - Location is different: Hi I checked my Recent Activity and noticed that my Location is quite different from where I am. I logged in using my desktop PC at home. I noticed also that the location looks like dependent on the IP address. Anyone can explain why this is happening? Or should I be...
  10. Recent activity check

Recent activity check: On checking my recent activity the map shows up from London area but I live in Wales. There are a number of these with different IP addresses - can someone please explain why this is. I ran Malwarebytes but nothing showed up and I also have BT virus security with nothing...