Windows 10: Recent Activity - Location is different

Discus and support Recent Activity - Location is different in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I checked my Recent Activity and noticed that my Location is quite different from where I am. I logged in using my desktop PC at home. I noticed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PS AP, Aug 27, 2018.

1. PS AP Win User

Recent Activity - Location is different

Hi

I checked my Recent Activity and noticed that my Location is quite different from where I am. I logged in using my desktop PC at home. I noticed also that the location looks like dependent on the IP address. Anyone can explain why this is happening? Or should I be worried?

Thanks

:)

PS AP, Aug 27, 2018
  2. cl1001 Win User

Child account - Recent Activity & Web Browsing issues not collected

I tried the suggested action, but still not seeing any recent activities listed.

cl1001, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hi Paul,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot Cortana.
    You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Recent Activity - Location is different

Why I Can't activate Location Services?

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to turn on the Location settings.
    • Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Recent Activity - Location is different

1. Recent Activity - Location is different - Similar Threads - Recent Activity Location

2. My recent activity shows a wrong location of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My recent activity shows a wrong location of my laptop: Hi , I have this thing where, in my local place, the approximate location is way off. But my application of maps gives me an exact and good location. Also, when I log in to my email from another city, the approximate location is right, so it's very strange. The login devices...
  3. My recent activity shows a wrong location of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My recent activity shows a wrong location of my laptop: Hi , I have this thing where, in my local place, the approximate location is way off. But my application of maps gives me an exact and good location. Also, when I log in to my email from another city, the approximate location is right, so it's very strange. The login devices...
  4. My recent activity shows a wrong location of my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Recent Activities

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Activities: is there a way to get rid of recent activities when I load Windows 7? This is no substituted for Favorites. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-activities/03678bfd-d8ef-4a19-a135-1baeebb95797
  6. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  7. Different temp location

Different temp location: What's the difference between C/windows/temp Vs Appdata/local/temp Experts reply it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-temp-location/643dd8a4-36f4-4d3f-b66d-eabe2e01f6e7"
  8. Cortana shows different location

Cortana shows different location: I’ve purchased a new computer but Cortana shows completely different location than I am. What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-shows-different-location/41038005-302d-43d7-a676-d3b78d4bd2bd
  9. Activity History - Location

Activity History - Location: I am currently reviewing my Account History from my Microsoft account. More specifically the location data under Account History. I recognize all of the locations except one and it stands out like a sore thumb. The address is Gali No 4, Shahdara, DL 110093. I live in...
  10. Use different taskbar locations on different displays

Use different taskbar locations on different displays: When I first upgraded, the taskbar on my first display was located on the left side of the display and the taskbar on my second display was located on the bottom. I liked this. But I wanted to see how I'd like having both on left hand side. I went into taskbar properties....