Windows 10: Recent application in start menu

Discus and support Recent application in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The start menu use to show applications that you recently opened. Not sure when it happened, but they are no longer there. Is there a way to bring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeDembski, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Recent application in start menu

The start menu use to show applications that you recently opened. Not sure when it happened, but they are no longer there. Is there a way to bring this back?

:)

MikeDembski, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

3. 321dome Win User
    No recent document for applications on start menu

Hi!
    I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10.
    On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a black arrow right and when I hover it, I see the recent files I used (see attachment from Windows7 - red circles for the arrows):

Recent application in start menu [​IMG]

Now at my laptop with Windows10 I don't have these arrows.
    Any suggestions how can I make them appear again?

321dome, Jun 22, 2020
  4. vexorg Win User

Recent application in start menu

Start Menu Recent files

It doesn't work off the start menu in win10, I posted the same a few weeks ago.

Oddly, if the programs appear in most recent used, then you do get the recent files list. Or if you pin to the task bar, you also get the recent list if you right click the icon.

Microsoft's proper name for these recent files is jump list.

Some has shown a beta of a later win10, and the jump list might return if pinned to the start menu. Doubly annoying is if you pin a program to the start menu, it's removed from most used.

See here: How do I get recent docs when pinned to start? - Windows 10 Forums

vexorg, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Recent application in start menu

1. Recent application in start menu - Similar Threads - Recent application start

2. Add application to Start menu, but not tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add application to Start menu, but not tiles: [ATTACH] When you pin an application to the start menu, it also adds the application to the tiles. Like in the picture below https://preview.redd.it/ia2zh6rdk2d61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=026fb361d127c160bb479a84f7a6f4f04d60bb55 But I don't like tiles, so...
  3. Start Menu Applications icons not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Applications icons not visible: After Update Windows 10 20H2 start menu icons are not showing but applications names are visible . i cleaned cache and temporary windows files using Disk Clean up then restarted my Computer still icons are not visible . [ATTACH]...
  4. recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu: I have just had my PD updated with the Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) On my start menu if I right clicked an application tile it would list the most recent files which had been opened. Very usefull!!! This has now dissapeared and I have to open the app, and then find...
  5. Blank Application Icons In Start Menu

Blank Application Icons In Start Menu: My apps in the start menu currently have no icons on them as seen in photo Also my Settings shortcut in Start does also not work[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-application-icons-in-start-menu/12fcece1-2494-4826-9acc-75e1e9245108
  6. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  7. No recent document for applications on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No recent document for applications on start menu: Hi! I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10. On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a black arrow right and when I hover it, I see the recent files I used (see attachment from Windows7 - red circles for the arrows):...
  8. Start menu search not finding applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not finding applications?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However once i install programs like Office 2013 i can't find the application exe files by searching in the start menu. If i search for outlook or word in the start menu nothing shows up, this was not an issue in...
  9. Start Menu Recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Recent files: On windows 7 it's convenient to have recent file at Start menu. How can I find this on windows 10? 11471
  10. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448