Windows 10: recent Asus update problems

Discus and support recent Asus update problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently heard a new posting that some Asus updates brought some malware with it. One of our laptops is a basic Asus model and went black about... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamTaylor_938, Mar 31, 2019.

1. recent Asus update problems

I recently heard a new posting that some Asus updates brought some malware with it. One of our laptops is a basic Asus model

and went black about the same time ...a couple weeks ago. Any news on this...?

:)

WilliamTaylor_938, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Olafchief Win User

Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

recent Asus update problems

Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

recent Asus update problems

1. recent Asus update problems - Similar Threads - recent Asus update

2. Recent Windows 10 updates problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows 10 updates problems: I recently updated Windows 10 with the latest two May 23 updates, OS Builds 19042.2965, 19044.2965, and 19045.2965, and KB4023057.I don't know which one did it, but it deleted my pictures, documents, music, and most of my programs. How do I reinstate my PC to before the...
  3. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  4. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  5. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Problems with taskbar with recent cumulative update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with taskbar with recent cumulative update: Hi ,I have a problem with task bar , even though i did not launch the app or whenever i hover over them the overlay just remains over there . You can see it through the screenshot which im attaching below : so that is the problem . Its happening frequently since new...
  7. Recent windows update problems

Recent windows update problems: Hello, in a recent update I'm getting 2 problems the first being "threat service as stopped restart now" where the restart button doesn't work and every time I start my laptop it wants to check the disk unless I stop it in time, no my disk has no errors and its an M.2 NVME...
  8. Speaker problems after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker problems after recent update: After last night when i shut my pc down for a windows update im having this issue with my speakers. I cant play sound out of my speakers. To be more specific its not even letting me use them to play sound. If i try to play a spotify song, spotify just tells me that the song...
  9. Problem with recent windows 10 update

Problem with recent windows 10 update: I have installed 2 OS in my laptop, XP in C drive and Windows 10 in D drive. I have updated windows 10 1 week back through windows update. After installation the windows 10 installed in c drive and now I am unable to use it. Please help me and guide me how to rollback my...
  10. Recent ASUS BIOS update mentions CPU microcode update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent ASUS BIOS update mentions CPU microcode update.: Just thought I'd see if there was a new BIOS available for my new ASUS Prime Z370-A and there was one available dated 4th January. It mentioned some stability updates and a "microcode update for the CPU". Do we think this relates to the recent Meltdown and Spectre...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent windows 10 update problems 2019 asus