Windows 10: Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

Discus and support Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the middle of my May HP Pavillion i5 with a replaced HD about 5 years ago running Windows 10 originally built with 8.1 started going into an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryServ, May 26, 2022.

1. MaryServ Win User

Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

In the middle of my May HP Pavillion i5 with a replaced HD about 5 years ago running Windows 10 originally built with 8.1 started going into an automatic repair loop. There were 3 updates on May 12 which I worked to remove after disabling auto-updates. Now I get various screens and sometimes the auto repair message. I backed up my computer when all this started and tried to create a recovery drive in regular mode, but it took forever 2hrs and then stopped with the laptop switching off. I tried this twice. I created a recovery drive in safe mode yesterday and tried to do all the forms of

:)

MaryServ, May 26, 2022

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 26, 2022
  3. djoatmeal Win User
    Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.
    Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything [​IMG]

djoatmeal, May 26, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

Stuck in Safe Mode Boot Loop

Hi Justin,

It is possible that you're stuck in Safe Mode boot loop due to system components. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to Start your computer in safe mode
    in Windows 10. Safe Mode with Networking includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet and other computers on your network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything - Similar Threads - Recent Auto Repair

2. Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything: In the middle of my May HP Pavillion i5 with a replaced HD about 5 years ago running Windows 10 originally built with 8.1 started going into an automatic repair loop. There were 3 updates on May 12 which I worked to remove after disabling auto-updates. Now I get various...
  3. Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Auto Repair Loop, now only boots in Safe Mode - have tried what I think is everything: In the middle of my May HP Pavillion i5 with a replaced HD about 5 years ago running Windows 10 originally built with 8.1 started going into an automatic repair loop. There were 3 updates on May 12 which I worked to remove after disabling auto-updates. Now I get various...
  4. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Repair Boot Loop: Okay so I have my Windows installed on Drive C:I also have a D: driveI was having issues with my computer freezing/crashing, eventually turning into a windows auto repair loop. So I go into the command prompt and use the command "bootrec.exe/ScanOs". It shows my Windows is...
  5. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Repair Boot Loop: Okay so I have my Windows installed on Drive C:I also have a D: driveI was having issues with my computer freezing/crashing, eventually turning into a windows auto repair loop. So I go into the command prompt and use the command "bootrec.exe/ScanOs". It shows my Windows is...
  6. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation loop - tried everything, what now?: Hi, My computer is an Acer desktop, and was purchased in 2011. I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, but I guess after upgrading to 10 from Windows 7 a couple years ago, I can no longer access the original recovery partition. I used the online tool to download...
  8. Auto repair loop/failure to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto repair loop/failure to boot: in past 2 weeks, 2 separate windows based computers fail to boot up and shows blue screen with unable to start message. Tried all of the options including attempt to install via downloaded flash drive with windows recovery program for windos 10. One machine- which failed...
  9. How to get to Safe Mode when I'm having that Auto Repair loop problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get to Safe Mode when I'm having that Auto Repair loop problem?: Obviously I can't click on anything or type anything because the loop is constant. I've been reading forums etc for the past couple of days for a fix for this Automatic Repair loop..nothing that would help and I notice many others the past year also never found a solution....
  10. Safe mode initiating auto repair?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode initiating auto repair?: For the last 9+ months updates are giving me trouble. I keep getting these 0x80073712 errors for any cumulative or .NET updates. The last update I got on my system was KB4033637. I have tried SFC and DISM which both fail. Today I decided to try SFC/DISM from safe mode. I...