Windows 10: \Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Discus and support \Recent\AutomaticDestinations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Diesen Ordner finde ich nicht, ich bekomme Fehlermeldung "der Parameter ist falsch" im Schnellzugriff anheften... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jürg Bretscher, May 16, 2022.

1. \Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Diesen Ordner finde ich nicht, ich bekomme Fehlermeldung "der Parameter ist falsch" im Schnellzugriff anheften

:)

Jürg Bretscher, May 16, 2022
  2. Kokopelli Win User

Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

Thanks for replying Bree. 'Enjoy your midsummer festivities!' oh, I did (it's now 8:42 a.m. the next day, Saturday) and then some.
    Yesterday when I posted last I was thinking to myself 'I'll probably have a head and a half tomorrow - but that's Tomorrow Guys' problem. Me, I'm Party guy and aim to paar-tay'. You know how that goes...

Ah yes, it all comes back to me...'God Mode' The very name...that was for me. Anyway, before I saw your reply I tried this method, suggested @ howtogeek.com and coming from Microsoft itself:

Jump List is likely corrupted in AutomaticDestinations-hidden system folder.
    To resolve and fix the issue, follow these steps:
    1. Open Windows Explorer.
    2. Type or copy and paste the following into the address bar:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    3. Identify files that are comparatively larger in size than the rest of the file, such as files that have file size of 1 MB or more.Delete the abnormal file(s).
    4. The recent items functionality on Jump Lists will be restored. The recent items on the Jump Lists will be re-added as the program is been used. However, do note that the solution does not restore the previously pinned items. So user will have to pin new items again.

and rebooted. Still the same-ol' same-ol'. Also, I ran Turn_On_Recent_Items_and_Frequent_Places.reg as suggested by philc43. Same difference. After this I will try the as yet untried suggestions from you and Anak. 'I'll be...' etc.

Kokopelli, May 16, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Clear Recent Files from Quick Access in Default Profile

I would suggest looking in the folder...
    C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

...as that would be the 'template' used to create each new user's
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

4. \Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Cannot Unpin from Quick Access Since Microsoft Switched Local Documents and Pictures to OneDrive Folders

Hi Nathan,

This issue may have occurred due to some system conflict after the updates on your PC. To resolve this, we suggest that you reset the Quick Access folder. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R then copy and paste the file location:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    • Select all files showing and delete it.
    Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Eileen Gal, May 16, 2022
Thema:

\Recent\AutomaticDestinations