Windows 10: Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes

Discus and support Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, I had 5 BSODs at seemingly varying times -- not during game/app startup or anything. The stop codes have been PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ALee01234, Dec 21, 2020.

1. ALee01234 Win User

Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes

Recently, I had 5 BSODs at seemingly varying times -- not during game/app startup or anything. The stop codes have been PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, etc. Looking them up, they seem to be very unspecific and related to drivers or Windows updates. However, no update occurred recently. My last 2 BSODs happened after I updated a Network driver -- which was also the only driver out of all that I checked that needed updates.

Here is a OneDrive link to a zip of the 5 BSODs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmcCBhOFN18Z_TgbU-sN6ZDiCE3c?e=FbwTXt

My laptop specs:

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-975H CPU @ 2.60GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

IntelR UHD Graphics 630

:)

ALee01234, Dec 21, 2020
  2. JLC
    jlc Win User

Occasional BSOD with varying error codes

Recently, I've started to get BSOD's- one every few days or so. I've already run all of the disk checking I could find, as well as a memtest, and everything has come up clear. I started collecting the minidumps recently, but as far as I can tell, they're all leading in different directions.

They don't happen when doing anything in particular. More have happened when playing games than when not playing games, but they still happen pretty randomly. My computer has no OEM crap-ware on it, and has been stable until recently. I've checked for driver updates and BIOS updates, but even after updating a few things that had newer versions available, there's still no change.

I've searched for relevant information for all of the error codes I've gotten, but nothing has really helped.

I don't know how to upload the minidumps, but here are three of them analyzed with windbg: heylookitwasicuethistime - Pastebin.com bsod data - Pastebin.com again - Pastebin.com

Hardware: System Builder

Error codes: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, BAD POOL HEADER, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

3. Stop code 0xc000021a BSOD

Hi,

The blue screen with the stop code 0xc000021a error that you've encountered can be triggered due to corrupted or missing registry files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we suggest that you boot your device in Safe Mode trough the Windows Recovery
    Environment. Here are the steps on how to trigger Safe Mode:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo appear, unplug the power source of your computer.
    • Perform this step three times. On the fourth time, wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you're done, wait for your device to turn on and check if you encounter the same issue.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Josh903 Win User

BSOD Stop Code System_Service_Exception

I am getting a BSOD with stop code System_Service_Exception. It seems to happen any time whether gaming or just sitting on desktop. I have searched google and suggestions were to update gfx driver and remove AntiVirus which I have done. I am running latest versions of AMD drivers. I ran SFC and it came back with no integrity violations.

I have attached zip file from the info collection program.

Josh903, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes - Similar Threads - Recent BSODs Varying

2. Windows 10 home flaky with varying stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home flaky with varying stop codes: Lately my HP laptop has been having some weird issue. Suddenly the screen will go blank and the laptop lock up. At other times when I leave it charging at night and comeback in the morning on opening the lid, it is in the state where the power key light is on and it is locked...
  3. Windows 10 home flaky with varying stop codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home flaky with varying stop codes: Lately my HP laptop has been having some weird issue. Suddenly the screen will go blank and the laptop lock up. At other times when I leave it charging at night and comeback in the morning on opening the lid, it is in the state where the power key light is on and it is locked...
  4. Windows 10 home flaky with varying stop codes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  6. Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's of varying error codes. 3b, ef: I've been having weird BSOD's over the past few weeks, been trying to troubleshoot on my own but clearly too stupid to understand the walls of text that are dump files, and lacking technical knowhow to do anything with what little I can figure out.I have 3 drives total, C...
  7. Random BSOD errors of varying codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD errors of varying codes: I have been getting random BSOD errors for a while, sometimes I get 5 in 1 day, and sometimes I get none in 1 week, it is very random. I have tried most of the recommended fixes for the codes I get and none seem to work. Here is a zipped file containing the 5 most recent BSOD...
  8. Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes

Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes: For several days, I have been getting several different codes and I need some help trying to track down the issue. I have uploaded the minidump files to my public Onedrive along with the events from the past month. I don't think all instances are listed as I had to restart...
  9. BSOD i7-4790k, Stop codes vary!

BSOD i7-4790k, Stop codes vary!: CPU thottles at 800Mhz at startup. I'm running ThrottleStop to get it to run normal speed but I get bluescreens from time to time. (sometimes the computer freezes.) The stop codes seems to vary;- DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-...
  10. Varying BSOD's...

Varying BSOD's...: Ok I want to take a moment to say thanks to AXEO for helping me solve my issues! Ok I was experiencing a wide range of blue screen error msg's AKA as BSOD's. IRQL, MEM, READ/write, combined with computer freezing for moment and then speeding up....here is a quick sum up of...