Windows 10: recent Bugs and vulnerabilities

Discus and support recent Bugs and vulnerabilities in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I saw the known issues for the current update but i also saw on twitter the link is right here.:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnulledBaton94, Mar 11, 2020.

1. recent Bugs and vulnerabilities

I saw the known issues for the current update but i also saw on twitter the link is right here.: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/adv200005 and it has me very nervous after the last security flaw found a while back.I am holding off on updates till both issues are fixed. but my main questions is. should i be worried and does that vulnerability apply to all Microsoft users whop update like for home use Or just those who use Microsoft for business?

:)

AnnulledBaton94, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: {{windowTitle}}

Yukikaze, Mar 11, 2020
  3. N82 recent calls list bug

I have noticed in the recent calls list on my N82 that a mobile phone icon is shown no matter what type of call you have made or received, eg: if you make or receive a call to or from a home/telephone number that is listed in your contacts, you will only
    see the mobile phone icon in the recent calls list, this is a major firmware bug because when you check your recent calls you won't be able to tell if the call dialed or received was from or to a mobile or home/telephone number.

Can someone confirm this is infact a bug, or am i the only one.

Thanks!

genesis---01, Mar 11, 2020
  4. recent Bugs and vulnerabilities

Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

Hey guys.

Even i turning off "Show recently opened in Jump Lists or the taskbar" options on Setting my recently opened files, pictures, videos still showing when i right click the icon on taskbar. Is there anyway to force close this options? Because seems like it's bugged right now.

Thanks.

FinalKenpachi, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

recent Bugs and vulnerabilities

1. recent Bugs and vulnerabilities - Similar Threads - recent Bugs vulnerabilities

2. Snapping bug after recent updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapping bug after recent updates?: After some recent updates on this machine and my Win11 I'm noticing the same behavior- If I snap a window to the left or right side of my screen, then move the mouse to the edge of the window, the cursor changes to resize horizontally, which is OK, but the window itself...
  3. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  4. Recent computer bug and unsaved data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent computer bug and unsaved data: Hi there,I recently experienced a computer bug that forced me to restart my computer unexpectedly. Unfortunately, I had unsaved data on three open software programs at the time. While I understand the importance of saving data, two of the programs are not designed to do...
  5. Windows 11 recent search bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 recent search bug: Hello! Today i was using my Windows 11 desktop and at one time, i placed the cursor on the search button to view my recent searches, but the little window became transparent and stayed like that, i couldn't remove it, it was displaying over other apps, too. How to remove it?...
  6. Recent update has bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent update has bugs: I'm using Windows 10 1903 and installed the latest update recently. However, I found that there is two bugs in my system. First of all, my taskbar won't auto hide when I play video from my browsers, or media player, after putting my laptop to sleep and wake it. Second, I have...
  7. Chrome Vulnerability Rewards Program Bigger Rewards for Security Bugs

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Vulnerability Rewards Program Bigger Rewards for Security Bugs: Chrome has always been built with security at its core, by a passionate worldwide community as part of the Chromium open source project. We're proud that community includes world class security researchers who help defend Chrome, and other Chromium based browsers. Back in...
  8. Vulnerability?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vulnerability?: Windows 10. Files can be accessed without the user password from Troubleshoot>System Image Recovery>select a system image>Advanced >install a driver and it loads up the Local storage where files can be copied to external storage....
  9. Surface updates for recent chip-related security vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Surface updates for recent chip-related security vulnerability: Introduction This article discusses the impact of the following security issue on Surface Devices: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV180002 Summary Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities referred to as “speculative...
  10. Hackers using recent MS Office vulnerabilities to distribute malware

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers using recent MS Office vulnerabilities to distribute malware: Hackers are exploiting vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office software to spread a sophisticated form of malware capable of stealing credentials, dropping additional malware, cryptocurrency mining and conducting distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. The malware has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent vulnerabilities language:en