Windows 10: recent changes on computer I did not make

Discus and support recent changes on computer I did not make in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I keep having "My Inbox Helper" appear and I did not add this. I have removed it several times now it does not give me the option.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DebiFL, Apr 13, 2019.

1. DebiFL Win User

recent changes on computer I did not make

I have Windows 10. I keep having "My Inbox Helper" appear and I did not add this. I have removed it several times now it does not give me the option. Since it appeared I have lost the battery icon in the bottom of my screen that shows how much battery I have left. I have also been had changes made to my open office documents I've made and they can't be copied/shared or read. I have checked my "Windows Defender Security", "Firewall Protection", "Devise Security" all are on and runs without any indication of problems found.

But I did see that the "Ransom Ware Protection, Controlled Folder Access" is off and it is requesting I set up a "Windows Hello" (I already have photos that pop up when I turn on my computer I have to click out of before I can get to my sign in page that I didn't ask to be there and can't figure out how to get rid of.... How do I do these thing? Thank you.

:)

DebiFL, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. recent changes on computer I did not make - Similar Threads - recent changes computer

2. Did Window movement UI change recently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did Window movement UI change recently?: I noticed recently that when I move a window, it shows only a basic black outline instead of the whole UI that I am moving. Did this recently change in Windows?...
  3. Did Window movement UI change recently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did Window movement UI change recently?: I noticed recently that when I move a window, it shows only a basic black outline instead of the whole UI that I am moving. Did this recently change in Windows?...
  4. Did Window movement UI change recently?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unblock a File in Windows - Did the behavior change recently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unblock a File in Windows - Did the behavior change recently?: In the past, if I have downloaded a zip file from a site not in my Trusted Sites, I would get the below and when extracted the contents will have the date modified set to whenever you downloaded the zip file if you don't set "Unblock". Currently, I'm on Windows 10 21H2...
  6. Unblock a File in Windows - Did the behavior change recently?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unblock a File in Windows - Did the behavior change recently?: In the past, if I have downloaded a zip file from a site not in my Trusted Sites, I would get the below and when extracted the contents will have the date modified set to whenever you downloaded the zip file if you don't set "Unblock". Currently, I'm on Windows 10 21H2...
  7. Unblock a File in Windows - Did the behavior change recently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open: I have had the Recent Files populating with Files that were not opened recently, even after I clear them off the list, they keep showing back up. This has been going on for about a week. I tried shutting off the Recent Files by using several different methods, including the...
  9. I can't make changes on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't make changes on my computer: All of sudden I can't make any windows 10 changes on my computer. Why? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-make-changes-on-my-computer/9e654ca3-0906-4df0-bfae-125e2bdc55dd
  10. Changing MS account did not change on computer to match

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing MS account did not change on computer to match: I had a 3 month overlap for my MS account between an email address I can no longer access and the one that I can. Now I can see my account, family, etc, under the new address on the MS website but my laptop never got the change. It still has the old account and complains I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent changes to this computer

2. recent changes to computer