Windows 10: Recent changes to Windows Camera

Discus and support Recent changes to Windows Camera in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've noticed the following, with regard to focusing: "Pro mode" in Settings needs to be turned on to allow manual focusing. Fair enough. The focus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hellonline, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Recent changes to Windows Camera

I've noticed the following, with regard to focusing:

"Pro mode" in Settings needs to be turned on to allow manual focusing. Fair enough.

The focus scale now only allows changes in 20% increments! Why is the label % focus???

The focus scale is inverted. Infinity is the closest focus setting with my camera!

Anyway, my complaint is that "20%" increments are far too coarse. With the previous version focus was infinitely variable.

Miles

:)

Hellonline, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Recent changes to Windows Camera

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Recent changes to Windows Camera

1. Recent changes to Windows Camera - Similar Threads - Recent changes Camera

2. change default camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change default camera: hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on Devices and Printers.Check if the USB cam device is present, if the device is present then right click on it and select Set as...
  3. change default camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    change default camera: hi i would like to change my default camera and i looked it up and tried this already Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.Click on Devices and Printers.Check if the USB cam device is present, if the device is present then right click on it and select Set as...
  4. change default camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default camera: How to change default webcam in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-camera/0e19b8a0-6ca9-4d2e-9642-a866c67faa15
  5. Change to rear camera?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change to rear camera?: How to change to rear camera on surface pro 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-rear-camera/cbdea521-a635-4412-941c-c91e86afadf7
  6. Camera change

Camera change: How do you make the camera on windows 10 switch to the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-change/aad227c3-ecae-4867-9ca0-018c994cde4d
  7. Changing Camera View

Changing Camera View: Can't seem to find a way to change the Camera view from 'Front facing' to the back facing. From what I've read there's supposed to be an icon at the top of the screen for this but I don't see it. James...
  8. Recently Changed motherboards.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recently Changed motherboards.: So I recently changed the motherboard in my pc maybe last Saturday I believe. And now I am having this Activate Windows thing pop up. I've tried to check and see what it and done all this trouble shooting and it's not really helping me much. I can't find my windows activation...
  9. Recent Windows X Changes

Recent Windows X Changes: I have an older notebook laptop that I don’t use everyday, but it was set up just the way I wanted it. The windows 10 upgrade cleaned up a lot of problems that windows 7 was having. Then a recent upgrade came along. I fired up my pc and let the updates do their thing. The...
  10. Changes in the Windows Camera app

in Windows 10 News
    Changes in the Windows Camera app: Some of our insiders may have noticed changes in the Windows Camera app. What is in these changes for you, the happy Windows user? You will get a more personalized behavior, like remembering the last camera and scene used. Handling two cameras simultaneously and more...