Windows 10: Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed.

Discus and support Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 (64-bit) and Epson WF-4630 printer via wi-fi network via gateway router . This combo has been working perfectly for close to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeoffreyStearns, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed.

Running Windows 10 (64-bit) and Epson WF-4630 printer via wi-fi network via gateway router . This combo has been working perfectly for close to a year, then last week of Dec 2018 sudden slowing of print from apps such as Word, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, etc. It now takes on the order of 4 to 5 minutes to print a single page of text, in short spurts of a few lines at a time. I stopped, cleared and restarted the print spooler...no joy. I removed the printer and all its applications, and reinstalled Epson driver/apps package...no joy. I reset the Window OS (keeping personal files)...no joy. This sounds suspiciously like a bug in a pushed update to me. Any similar complaints? Any suggestions?

:)

GeoffreyStearns, Jan 1, 2019
  2. 13rennon Win User

Network speeds drastically reduced overnight.

Issue:Overnight my download speeds have dropped drastically on this PC. Other devices show typical speeds of 65 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. This PC is showing roughly 5-7 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up on 5 GHz network and around 25 down and 10 up on my 2.4 GHz network. This is consistent over multiple tests and browsers of course.

Info:

• Windows 10-1511 Build 10586.164
    • No firewall/AV enabled (Windows Defender disabled in GPEdit.)
    • Linksys WMP600N Wireless adapter (802.11 b/g/n Dual band).
    • D-Link DIR-850L router (802.11b/g/n/ac Dual band).

What I've tried/checked so far:
    • Malwarebytes turns up nothing on full system scan.
    • Task Manager / Resource Monitor shows nothing is using network out of the ordinary.
    • Tried 4 different WLAN driver versions with the same results no matter which is installed.
    • Ran TCP/IP stack reset (netsh i i r r).
    • Reset winsocks (netsh winsock reset).
    • Flushed DNS.
    • Restarted PC.
    • Powercycled router/modem.

Attempting Ethernet would be extremely challenging and I'm 99% certain this is specific to the WLAN adapter. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

13rennon, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed.

ReubenFaleiro, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed.

1. Recent (Dec 2018) drastic slowdown in printing speed. - Similar Threads - Recent Dec 2018

2. Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup: Greetings again o/ ive been having a really major and annoying issue as of recently where i will boot my PC. and as i go down stairs for breakfast or what not it gives me enough time to get breakfast and reset the network adaptor. no more than a minute id say. and then i...
  3. Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup: Greetings again o/ ive been having a really major and annoying issue as of recently where i will boot my PC. and as i go down stairs for breakfast or what not it gives me enough time to get breakfast and reset the network adaptor. no more than a minute id say. and then i...
  4. Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio: Windows 10 updated on my computer on December 18, 2018. After update, I no longer have sound. After further research, I now have no speakers. I have done device manager uninstall, checked bios update for my motherboard and download/support for my audio (everything is up to...
  5. Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working: KB4470788, KB4471332, KB2054637 One of these updates screwed up my blue Performance MX mouse - can no longer pair the device to windows 10. It works at a snails pace now. Ran device troubleshooter, reinstalled and reinstalled the drive/software - still cannot pair it....
  6. Windows update 15th Dec 2018

Windows update 15th Dec 2018: You did an update yesterday, the first I knew was a message stating you would be restarting.... now Today, I cannot find files (yet again what is it with your updates and deleting files). Where are they. One especially is pinned on Excel and now doesn't exist. It has a...
  7. 11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates

11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates: Hi: I found a bunch of updates ready to install on my Win 10 Pro Desktop Machine, so I went ahead and did the updates, and then the machine started to go thru the reboot process and that is where things went bad. I no longer have a desktop available and if I try to Shift,...
  8. Network speeds drastically reduced overnight.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network speeds drastically reduced overnight.: Issue:Overnight my download speeds have dropped drastically on this PC. Other devices show typical speeds of 65 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. This PC is showing roughly 5-7 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up on 5 GHz network and around 25 down and 10 up on my 2.4 GHz network. This is...
  9. Sudden Slowdown in Internet Speed on One Laptop Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden Slowdown in Internet Speed on One Laptop Only: Good day, Up until recently Ive had a steady and stable internet connection on all devices, however recently on one laptop the connection is now incredibly slow (multiple tests on bandwidthplace.com show download speeds of 0.1 Mbps while on another laptop connected to the...
  10. pc speeds drastically reduced after added router. whats wrong?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc speeds drastically reduced after added router. whats wrong?: ive recently added a wireless router inconjunction with my modem to enhance my wireless devices. but upon running speedtest 30minutes ago, download speed is about 39.15 and upload is 0.20??? could the router be at fault? because before I added router, my download speed was...