Windows 10: Recent disasterous update

Discus and support Recent disasterous update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft should accept responsibility for the many hours that many users have wasted to try and fix this debacle. Hello Linux or....I never thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IgnatzMendon, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Recent disasterous update

Microsoft should accept responsibility for the many hours that many users have wasted to try and fix this debacle. Hello Linux or....I never thought I would thinks this.....MAC

:)

IgnatzMendon, Oct 1, 2020

2. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Recent disasterous update Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 1, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent disasterous update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Recent disasterous update

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Recent disasterous update

1. Recent disasterous update - Similar Threads - Recent disasterous update

2. Recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Update: I have a 4 month old install retail version of Win 10 on a laptop, registered to me in my MS account. Since the fresh install, I have Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options/Require sign-in set to "never". Netplwiz/Useraccounts/Users only has my email adminstrator and the box is...
  3. Recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Update: I have a 4 month old install retail version of Win 10 on a laptop, registered to me in my MS account. Since the fresh install, I have Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options/Require sign-in set to "never". Netplwiz/Useraccounts/Users only has my email adminstrator and the box is...
  4. Recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Update: I installed the latest Windows update last night and this morning when starting my computer again, I noticed some big changes. Firstly I run my own business and all my shortcuts to all my files and folders, gone! My wallpaper, a picture of my departed and very much loved dog...
  5. The recent update

The recent update: After turning on a laptop Windows 10 I see the info: "Preparing to configure Windows Don't turn off your computer" THEN "Configuring windows updates Don't turn off your computer " and the following window: "Restarting". The problem is that the mentioned process starts over...
  6. The recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent update: After turning on a laptop Windows 10 I see the info: "Preparing to configure Windows Don't turn off your computer" THEN "Configuring windows updates Don't turn off your computer " and the following window: "Restarting". The problem is that the mentioned process starts over...
  7. Recent update

Recent update: Now that I have received my most recent update - I cannot open my gmail emails. I can see them but, cannot discard, open - nothing. It so weird. Im not liking the new Microsoft browser at all. I just want to go back a few months - ....jeesh. Just need a little help if...
  8. Recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent update.: My compuuteerr had aa recent update which I had no choice over and mmy on ssccrreeen keeybooardd nnott oonlyy turnned whhiitee bbuutt haas nno oppttionns too puutt hearrts r smileyy facces oon mmy poosts aand ALSO TYYPES DDOOUUBLEE!? I WANT MY OLD ON SCREEN...
  9. Recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update: I did the recent update yesterday, it seemed to take forever! Now nothing seems to be sending to printers and my laser cutter, almost as if the usb ports aren't working properly. Anyone else had any problems? Computer seems really slow too....
  10. Recent Updates

Recent Updates: After recent updates, I have run into numerous problems. Microsoft products will not open, Dell Netextender will not open, Microsoft IE will not open, etc... They allow me to double click them, but don't even act like they're opening. In addition, version 1903 install...