Windows 10: Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items)

Discus and support Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Apparently a registry tweak is needed to have Windows 10 remove unwanted list of docs (when right-clicking on Word/Excel icons on taskbar). Just... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by danielson, Jul 9, 2019.

1. danielson Win User

Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items)

Apparently a registry tweak is needed to have Windows 10 remove unwanted list of docs (when right-clicking on Word/Excel icons on taskbar).

Just haven't found the tweak yet and afaik, the guy at Microsoft forums who posted such as response is gone to timbuktoo.*sarc

:)

danielson, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

It's possible with WordPad so, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Word.

Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items) [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 9, 2019
  3. danielson Win User

Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list.
    Don't see these options anymore.

danielson, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items)

When the Word icon (or any other app) is on the taskabar , you should be able to drag and drop the document to the associated icon (Word in your case).

Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items) [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items)

1. Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items) - Similar Threads - Recent docs keep

2. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  3. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  4. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  6. My Word docs keep disappearing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Word docs keep disappearing.: My Word docs keep disappearing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-word-docs-keep-disappearing/e611d3de-9769-4ed1-b1b5-1c79d816c41e
  7. Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back: For some reason, no matter how many times i remove some items from recently accessed files (right click Word icon on taskbar), they keep coming back. *sarc 135269
  8. Recent items not visible under Windows 10 Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 News
    Recent items not visible under Windows 10 Taskbar icons: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It’s quite possible that you are working simultaneously on many files and documents together and therefore require to visit them regularly to incorporate changes if any. However, what if right-clicking these items icons in the Taskbar no longer shows Recent...
  9. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  10. Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?: Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list. Don't see these options anymore. 8123

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 excel and word reappear in taskbar

2. right clicking excel on the taskbar recent 2019