Windows 10: recent document

Discus and support recent document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot find a word doc I worked on yesterday and saved in two places. I cannot find any tab that says "recent documents" Please advise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusanPhillips3, Feb 5, 2019.

1. recent document

I cannot find a word doc I worked on yesterday and saved in two places. I cannot find any tab that says "recent documents"

Please advise

:)

SusanPhillips3, Feb 5, 2019
  2. philc43 Win User

Office 365 - removing recent documents

You would need to go to the app that was used for that document and remove it from the recent documents list within the app. For example if a Word document shows up in the list and you want to remove it; open Word and then in the recent documents list within Word right click on the entry you want to remove and select Remove from list.

philc43, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

Hi,

Recent document option has been removed on Windows 10. Instead, on Windows 10 you have an option recent files. To access it, follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + E.
    • Under File Explorer, select Quick access.
    • Now, you will find a section Recent files which will display all the recently viewed files/documents.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 5, 2019
  4. xfire Win User

recent document

Re-enabling recent documents

An update with auto-patcher disabled the recent documents under start menu in windows Xp. Any way to get it back?
    Also how can I set it to show only recently viewed text documents.

xfire, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

recent document

1. recent document - Similar Threads - recent document

2. Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*: Within the last week of so, I've noticed that when I use the Windows 10 taskbar Search button to find things, it no longer shows my recent *documents*. If I search for and find an app, then the next time I use the Search button, that app is indeed shown under the pop-up...
  3. Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*: Within the last week of so, I've noticed that when I use the Windows 10 taskbar Search button to find things, it no longer shows my recent *documents*. If I search for and find an app, then the next time I use the Search button, that app is indeed shown under the pop-up...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar Search no longer saving recent *documents*

in Cortana
  5. Files which I have not used in years are showing up as recent documents in windows explorer

Files which I have not used in years are showing up as recent documents in windows explorer: Hello,I opened my computer up this evening to find a number of files which I have not used in several years in some cases appearing in my recent files list in Windows explorer. I was on this computer just yesterday and there are about 35 items which show as having been used...
  6. Files which I have not used in years are showing up as recent documents in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files which I have not used in years are showing up as recent documents in windows explorer: Hello,I opened my computer up this evening to find a number of files which I have not used in several years in some cases appearing in my recent files list in Windows explorer. I was on this computer just yesterday and there are about 35 items which show as having been used...
  7. Documents showing in recent when not opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents showing in recent when not opened: I have noticed that every time I open file explorer, the recent list shows a random 10 documents which are stored on onedrive that I haven't accessed on this or any other device. I am the only one with access to the device and the onedrive folder....
  8. Documents showing in recent when not opened

Documents showing in recent when not opened: I have noticed that every time I open file explorer, the recent list shows a random 10 documents which are stored on onedrive that I haven't accessed on this or any other device. I am the only one with access to the device and the onedrive folder....
  9. Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?: A little while ago I changed one of my notepad docs - which I keep on the desktop - to "always keep on this device" vis a vis one drive. Every since, when I open a notepad document, it also opens my most recently opened document; in other words, it opens 2 docs: the one that...
  10. Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?

Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?: A little while ago I changed one of my notepad docs - which I keep on the desktop - to "always keep on this device" vis a vis one drive. Every since, when I open a notepad document, it also opens my most recently opened document; in other words, it opens 2 docs: the one that...