Windows 10: recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

Discus and support recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just had my PD updated with the Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) On my start menu if I right clicked an application tile it would list the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bitterend, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Bitterend Win User

recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

I have just had my PD updated with the Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

On my start menu if I right clicked an application tile it would list the most recent files which had been opened.

Very usefull!!!

This has now dissapeared and I have to open the app, and then find and open the file.

Anyone, How do I get this feature back please?

M.S. has also added a pop up window on the search icon at the bottom, which has some of the apps shown that are on the start menu. The right click to display last opened files does not work here either. This new menu seems to me a pointless waste of space as it mostly repeats the start menu. I cant see any use for it, other than cluttering the desktop and adding confusion to what was a concise search facility.

:)

Bitterend, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

3. 321dome Win User
    No recent document for applications on start menu

Hi!
    I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10.
    On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a black arrow right and when I hover it, I see the recent files I used (see attachment from Windows7 - red circles for the arrows):

recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu [​IMG]

Now at my laptop with Windows10 I don't have these arrows.
    Any suggestions how can I make them appear again?

321dome, Oct 18, 2019
  4. recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

Start menu tile groups -- On one pc only first two groups show up

I have upgraded three computers to Windows 10. On the first two, the start menu shows app tiles in three groups. The first group has calendar, email, edge browser, etc. The second has games, news and entertainment.

The third group appears to have a tile for every application and program that is installed. However, the third computer only shows the first two groups of tiles.

Also, I don't know if this is related: When I type the name of an application, usually the system quickly infers which application I mean. But the third computer does not know about "Word" not "Office Word". For Word, it only suggests Wordpad. It does know
    about "winword", though.

Also, the start menu has a list of recently used applications. Most applications in this list also have an associated list of recent documents. But the third computer never remembers that I have recently used Microsoft Office 2007 Word, and never offers a list
    of recently opened/saved documents.

How can I make the third computer behave like the first two?

KillyKeidy, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

1. recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu - Similar Threads - recent documents showing

2. Add application to Start menu, but not tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add application to Start menu, but not tiles: [ATTACH] When you pin an application to the start menu, it also adds the application to the tiles. Like in the picture below https://preview.redd.it/ia2zh6rdk2d61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=026fb361d127c160bb479a84f7a6f4f04d60bb55 But I don't like tiles, so...
  3. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  4. Recent application in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent application in start menu: The start menu use to show applications that you recently opened. Not sure when it happened, but they are no longer there. Is there a way to bring this back?...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. start menu not showing tiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu not showing tiles: start menu not showing tiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-showing-tiles/21e7436d-100f-4d21-aa5d-0d3ea3f2dd29
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. No recent document for applications on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No recent document for applications on start menu: Hi! I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10. On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a black arrow right and when I hover it, I see the recent files I used (see attachment from Windows7 - red circles for the arrows):...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326