Windows 10: Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...

Discus and support Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of my machines Windows 10Pro was misbehaving, so I downloaded a fresh so file containing the Windows 10 install files. I "burned" the iso file to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lazaruswald, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...

One of my machines Windows 10Pro was misbehaving, so I downloaded a fresh so file containing the Windows 10 install files. I "burned" the iso file to usb flash drive 32 GB.The idea then is to use the bootable flash drive with Windows 10 install files to enter in "repair mode" command line prompt. Once I am in the command line prompt and issue the command "ver" for version, the version shown is "10.0.19041.2006". Isn't that an older version, and given that I downloaded it one day ago, shouldn't I expect to have an image with the most recent version with all updates, fixes, and service

:)

lazaruswald, Feb 2, 2023

2. Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

If you need to get your hands on official Microsoft ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, check out this utility:

Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool

This new tool allows an easy and comfortable way to download genuine Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 disk images (ISO) directly from Microsoft's servers.

Ever since Microsoft pulled the Windows disk images from Digital River, hunting for untouched ISO files has been a pain. Our new tool will make your life easier, and provides and interface to Microsoft TechBench to download original Windows images directly from Microsoft's server.

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
    It can access many different editions and languages. Very handy.

Static~Charge, Feb 2, 2023
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 2, 2023
  4. skippy258 Win User

Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

answer
    That link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 will let you upgrade. Download the 18mb file and then run the .exe then pick upgrade or you can download the ISO file and burn to DVD or USB to install the OS

skippy258, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...

1. Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,... - Similar Threads - Recent downloaded iso

2. Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...: One of my machines Windows 10Pro was misbehaving, so I downloaded a fresh so file containing the Windows 10 install files. I "burned" the iso file to usb flash drive 32 GB.The idea then is to use the bootable flash drive with Windows 10 install files to enter in "repair mode"...
  3. Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent downloaded "Windows 10" iso file from Microsoft, but version seems to lack updates,...: One of my machines Windows 10Pro was misbehaving, so I downloaded a fresh so file containing the Windows 10 install files. I "burned" the iso file to usb flash drive 32 GB.The idea then is to use the bootable flash drive with Windows 10 install files to enter in "repair mode"...
  4. Where to download windows 10 version 20H2 iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to download windows 10 version 20H2 iso file: The Windows 10 installation media will download ONLY the LATEST version which is 21H2. The latest version of windows 10 which is tested by my laptop company is 20H2. Now I need do a CLEAN installation of windows 10 version 20H2.Issue:where to find windows 10 version 20H2 ISO...
  5. Where to download windows 10 version 20H2 iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to download windows 10 version 20H2 iso file: The Windows 10 installation media will download ONLY the LATEST version which is 21H2. The latest version of windows 10 which is tested by my laptop company is 20H2. Now I need do a CLEAN installation of windows 10 version 20H2.Issue:where to find windows 10 version 20H2 ISO...
  6. Where to download windows 10 version 20H2 iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Version 1809 - End of Support - ISO File Download from VLSC

Windows 10 Version 1809 - End of Support - ISO File Download from VLSC: Hi, I searched from Microsoft lifecycle website and found that Windows 10 version 1809 is already End of Support as of November 2020. My customer is using the Windows Update to do upgrade. However, the customer also want to upgrade via ISO file download from VLSC and could...
  8. Download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft

Download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft: I have to assume that many of you saw this over on ghacks.net, but for those who haven't here it is: Here is how you download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft - gHacks Tech News I haven't actually used it but I did download the MCT and the created the .bat file...
  9. From where i can download original windows 10 ISO file ( version...

From where i can download original windows 10 ISO file ( version...: I want to download windows 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607 because when I tried to install windows 10 1703 on my windows 7 pc and tried to activate it with Microsoft account then it shows it is not your windows version. So I need earlier Windows 10 version. I have also forgotten...
  10. Cannot seem to download Windows 10 ISO

Cannot seem to download Windows 10 ISO: My current Windows 10 system has been corrupted and I want to create a Windows 10 bootup USB. I have been able to reboot using a UBUNTU startup USB and have tried multiple times to download the Windows 10 ISO and it has failed -- just shy of completion -- multiple times. What...