Windows 10: Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware

Discus and support Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi , I am in possession of an acer Travelmate P253-E which has a few connectivity issue. Internet cuts in and out all the time , and it only happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elvis.O, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Elvis.O Win User

Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware

Hi , I am in possession of an acer Travelmate P253-E which has a few connectivity issue. Internet cuts in and out all the time , and it only happens within my LAN. My first guess was that my drivers are not up to date, so I tried to update , but I couldn't install the latest drivers available from broadcom because Windows won't allow it.Can I have some assistance please?

Thanks in advance

:)

Elvis.O, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Recent upgrade to windows 10 on Toshiba Satelite E205 laptop. Are there known compatibility issues?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

I suggest you to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2020
  3. giux787 Win User
    WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

MIRROR POST: WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

Please SHARE YOUR CONFIGURATION. link your known list for compatible hardware here, I will update the thread as is grows with working parts successfully updated on a working WIN 10 HOME / PRO /TP also on VM properly configured.*Party
    No need for NEW WHQL hardware here... It's the unsupported who's important... MS is causing this...

There is a lack of information all over the Internet regarding Win 10 compatibility hardware.
    I create this thread with the intention to form a user-conducted list of compatible hardware and uncompatible.
    It is yet for me to understand if Win 10 will work on old motherboard with BIOS and which's.
    And yet this involve Hardware parts on all levels.
    We know of users with Alienware with 8 beeps dead computers for a Samsung Display fail after WIN 10 upgrade.
    I have a SCSI Seagate Barracuda Cheetah 15.5k that is not even listed upon Win 10 installation on which my current WIN 7 PRO 64 bit runs. Users with burnt HD cause of auto-update.
    Geforce Drivers are causing FPS drops and DPC latecy all over the places, causing also WIN 7 to stut like a Sputnik implanted inside your CPU. Will this ever ends?

We have a list from ASUS:
    ASUS Motherboards - Ready For Windows 10
    But nothing is said on older motherboards. It just says - unsupported - it may works at your risk... truly helpful...
    We need this list.

We don't have a Microsoft official list that is barely reliable. Nor unofficial.
    We have a plethora of machines who are threatened for forever doom.

I tried everything to install WIN 10 on my Workstation.
    Asus says my P5KPL/1600 is not supported. Yes I knew that, thanks... but I had windows 8 64 bit on it, and no BIOS problems, nor installation. So I can say it is compatible up to win 8 PRO with no issue concerning BIOS or SCSI.
    WIth drivers OLDER than december 2014! It eventually broked in January.
    I rolled back to WIN 7 PRO as it performed faster. Before recent updates from GEFORCE and WUA. Never a problem with games and Audio/Video applications.
    Now I'm experiencing DPC spikes of 1sec! (You have read well.. it's 100k microsec...) right after Geforce Drivers installation. Those ready for WIN 10... /Audio /Video /Games completely unusable. Take off Geforce Drivers, DPC go back to normal. Use old Geforce Drivers do not solve the problem. WIN WUA changed something and there is no rollback to that.

More of it: does WIN 10 require a UEFI motherboard and GPT Hd in order to properly work?
    Does anyone has experience of working systems with WIN 10 on older motherboard with LGA 755 socket?
    (like the EVGA nforce750i?) It is impossible to find how this outdated ( from a robot point of view - not a gamer ) mobo does react with WIN 10. Anyone with fast SCSI hdd?
    Windows list 7200rpm hd to work, not Seagate Cheetah's and such...

So. I find of real importance, to know, which kind of hardware works and which not. configuration. etc.

A LIST IS GOING TO BE DOWN THIS LINE AS SOON AS PEOPLE WILL START POSTING
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GA-F2A68HM-H - compatible

-----------------------
    Asus P5KPL/1600
    Intel Quad core 2 duo @2.66
    nvidia FERMI GTX 460
    ESI julia 64 bit / ANALOG OUT
    DDR2 1600 x 4GHz
    BIOS firmware updated up to 2009 last.
    NTFS Seagate Barracuda Cheetah SCSI 15.5k
    Running triple Boot WIN XP PRO 64 Bit- AUDIOPERFORMER / WIN 7 PRO 64bit - GAMING-VIDEO / Ubuntu 15.04 64 Bit - NETDEV.
    -------------------------

giux787, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware

Keyboard Compatibility

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the keyboard?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the keyboard driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Right click on Keyboard to expand and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the keyboard driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Right click on keyboard and click on update
      the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the keyboard manufacturer website and download the latest updated keyboard driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility
    mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware

1. Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware - Similar Threads - Recent drivers' compatibility

2. Recent access related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent access related: I want to inform you that I recently notice some files and folders are showing in file explorer recent access which is very annoying to me so I simply remove it from recent access and recent access history. But when I open this folder this folders are not showing in recent...
  3. Nvidia "Graphics driver couldn't find compatible graphics hardware & not compatible with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia "Graphics driver couldn't find compatible graphics hardware & not compatible with...: This is a new PC Build, with old parts included. The new parts are 13700k, MSI z690 pro A, Corsair RM850.My previous build used the same MSI 2070s for 4 years and had 0 issues when using it with a different mobo throughout those years.I took advice and Re-installed a fresh...
  4. Nvidia "Graphics driver couldn't find compatible graphics hardware & not compatible with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia "Graphics driver couldn't find compatible graphics hardware & not compatible with...: This is a new PC Build, with old parts included. The new parts are 13700k, MSI z690 pro A, Corsair RM850.My previous build used the same MSI 2070s for 4 years and had 0 issues when using it with a different mobo throughout those years.I took advice and Re-installed a fresh...
  5. Nvidia "Graphics driver couldn't find compatible graphics hardware & not compatible with...

6. Realtek 8822ce is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek 8822ce is experiencing driver or hardware related problems: I did get this problem a few months back, it was gone but now it's back it's been three times like thisSome info;TUF A15 laptopWindows 11 latest drivers and allDriver: Realtek 8822ce WiFi DriverEvery morning when I open up a game, my WiFi suddenly disconnected. I checked my...
  7. Hardware compatibility ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware compatibility ?: The hardware check says PC it is not compatible with windows 11, but I have a Genuine Intel Intel64 Family6 Model61-IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU 2.20GHz processor. I don't understand why it isn't list in the list? Anyone any ideas?...
  8. Hardware compatibility ?

Hardware compatibility ?: The hardware check says PC it is not compatible with windows 11, but I have a Genuine Intel Intel64 Family6 Model61-IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU 2.20GHz processor. I don't understand why it isn't list in the list? Anyone any ideas?...
  9. Hardware Error on recent Nvidia Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hardware Error on recent Nvidia Graphics driver: On December 6, I installed what was then the latest Nvidia Driver for my production PC's GTX 1070. For six days after that, I have experienced one or more Windows Hardware Errors as detailed in this screencap from Reliability Monitor: [img] Yesterday, Nvidia came out...
  10. Hardware / Driver Related Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware / Driver Related Issues: [ATTACH] Hello, recently i installed Windows 10 on an old EarthWalk Lap15EW2 that came with Windows 7 installed, and right after that, I started having problems where I would boot it up and it would instantly hard-lock and i would have to hold down the power button and...