Windows 10: Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open

Discus and support Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had the Recent Files populating with Files that were not opened recently, even after I clear them off the list, they keep showing back up. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eneranch, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Eneranch Win User

Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open

I have had the Recent Files populating with Files that were not opened recently, even after I clear them off the list, they keep showing back up. This has been going on for about a week.

I tried shutting off the Recent Files by using several different methods, including the Start Settings and none have worked.

:)

Eneranch, Jan 20, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 20, 2021
  3. eidairaman1, Jan 20, 2021
  4. LeonRH Win User

Recently used Excel Files

I know how to do that and have pinned folders to quick access. All those folder in the picture i attached are folders i pinned to quick access. But files recently open should show on the "recent files" list in the bottom half of the picture. All files
    for Word, PowerPoint, PDF, jpg, etc are showing in recent files except for Excel files. Why not Excel?

LeonRH, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open - Similar Threads - Recent Excel Files

2. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a...
  3. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a...
  4. Recent files opened

Recent files opened: Hello, This morning the "Recent" folder on windows is showing that several files on my computer have been accessed which I know I have not opened. There are several opened files showing the same time for example about 10 say they were opened at "7:04". I had turned my...
  5. Recent files opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent files opened: Hello, This morning the "Recent" folder on windows is showing that several files on my computer have been accessed which I know I have not opened. There are several opened files showing the same time for example about 10 say they were opened at "7:04". I had turned my...
  6. Recent files showing as pinned

Recent files showing as pinned: Windows 11 file explorer is marking ALL my files as pinned by showing a pin, even if they are only recent files that I have not pinned. Right click does not even let me unpin them as they are not really pinned, just showing with pins. So I can't distinguish pinned from recent...
  7. Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files: For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily network files. But since a while, when I close Excel or word, , if I reopen it, even right away, those files that I was just using...
  8. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  9. I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader)

I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader): Previously when I wanted to open a recent file, I just right clicked the app in the start menu and selected the file. I currently see the recent files but cannot open them. I am not sure when it started but probably after update....
  10. Recent files not opening

Recent files not opening: Hello, I recently (maybe after an updated, but no sure) noticed my recent files are not opening. For example I have excel, adobe reader and word on my start menu. Usually when I want to open a document I'm working on I right click the app and choose the document. But when I...