Windows 10: Recent File Corruption Issues

Discus and support Recent File Corruption Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone - I have 4x win10 machines. Each month, I run sfc /scannow on them all. Normally all return a positive result with no issues found. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Skofab, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Skofab Win User

Recent File Corruption Issues

Hi everyone -
    I have 4x win10 machines. Each month, I run sfc /scannow on them all. Normally all return a positive result with no issues found.
    This week I ran the check, and all four reported corrupted files - some of which sfc could not repair. Accordingly I ran DISM which reported a successful run. Having run sfc /scannow again on one of them, I once again have 'corrupted files' reported.
    Has anyone else run into a problem like this recently (is there a rogue update for example?)
    All comments welcomed.
    I must say that all 4 machines work without any issue.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    C

:)

Skofab, Jul 30, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 30, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Recent File Corruption Issues

eidairaman1, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Recent File Corruption Issues

1. Recent File Corruption Issues - Similar Threads - Recent File Corruption

2. corrupt files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupt files: Hello, I have been a Windows 10 insider pretty much since the program has been available. In the latest development branch there has been an issue with anti cheat programs not necessarily working. I have stuck with this issue for quite awhile but I had enough a month ago...
  3. FILE CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FILE CORRUPTION: This is as much a part of life as Political Corruption or Corruption in Big Business and at some time we all encounter examples of these. But the ABSOLUTE WORST is FILE CORRUPTION. I freakin' HATE that---more even than I hate spiders (which is a lot!) But, fortunately, it...
  4. Files are Corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are Corrupt: I cant look into my files of apps. If i try to open %appdata% it says not found. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupt/0432c85f-3609-4879-916f-208154cc30ec"
  5. Corrupt Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt Files?: I must preface this by making it clear that I have little, if any, knowledge about this; thus, I am going to explain how I got to needing to post this and ask for assistance. It started with a remote session this morning from Corel about a PaintShop Pro plug-in problem that...
  6. Corrupted files?

Corrupted files?: I was factory resetting my pc and it was stuck at 10% for like 3 hours. Being the dumb person I am, I shut it down and turned it back on. When I got back on, only 1 out of 3 monitors showed a display. My ethernet was recognized but I had no internet connection. I have my PC...
  7. Corrupted files

Corrupted files: Not sure what's going on with Windows 10 but I keep getting important files corrupted to the point where it's not fixable and I have to bring my computer back to the store to get it wiped clean and Windows 10 reinstalled, losing any and all data I have on my computer, this...
  8. corrupted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupted files: will fresh starting windows 10 fix corrupted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/corrupted-files/f6370441-f669-431a-975c-49e112aa2880
  9. Recent BSOD Issues

Recent BSOD Issues: Recently started having BSOD issues. Not sure of the cause. Ran a Memtest overnight, found no errors over many passes. I do not think it's a RAM issue(I thought it was initially). I decided to do a driver verifier as that was the next obvious step, and it seems that's some...
  10. Corrupt File.

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt File.: Hey guys I've got a bit of an issue. I was copying over a video file from an external HDD to my desktop when my son accidentally removed the USB. I now have a corrupt file sitting on my desktop that I can't seem to get rid of. If I so much as click on the icon of the file...