Windows 10: Recent File Corruption Issues

Discus and support Recent File Corruption Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone - I have 4x win10 machines. Each month, I run sfc /scannow on them all. Normally all return a positive result with no issues found. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Skofab, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Skofab Win User

Recent File Corruption Issues

Hi everyone -
    I have 4x win10 machines. Each month, I run sfc /scannow on them all. Normally all return a positive result with no issues found.
    This week I ran the check, and all four reported corrupted files - some of which sfc could not repair. Accordingly I ran DISM which reported a successful run. Having run sfc /scannow again on one of them, I once again have 'corrupted files' reported.
    Has anyone else run into a problem like this recently (is there a rogue update for example?)
    All comments welcomed.
    I must say that all 4 machines work without any issue.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    C

:)

Skofab, Jul 30, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 30, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Recent File Corruption Issues

eidairaman1, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Recent File Corruption Issues

1. Recent File Corruption Issues - Similar Threads - Recent File Corruption

2. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  3. Issue with the recent files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the recent files in OneDrive: File explorer randomly accessing Office files in my Recent OneDrive folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-the-recent-files-in-onedrive/a25a50df-de61-4575-b8c3-ea548cd24328
  4. Issue with the recent files in OneDrive

Issue with the recent files in OneDrive: File explorer randomly accessing Office files in my Recent OneDrive folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-the-recent-files-in-onedrive/a25a50df-de61-4575-b8c3-ea548cd24328
  5. Recent issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent issue: Recently, my area had a blackout. My computer which used to have a black icon when plugged into the internet on my modem has now turned orange, seen when it is turned off, but must have something wrong. Is this natural?...
  6. Recent issue

Recent issue: Recently, my area had a blackout. My computer which used to have a black icon when plugged into the internet on my modem has now turned orange, seen when it is turned off, but must have something wrong. Is this natural?...
  7. Recent issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Recent Files Removal Issue with one file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Files Removal Issue with one file: Hi and Thank you, On my recent files one of the files was to the D:// and its giving me an error message that says, "The parameter is incorrect." Ive never had any issue with windows 10....
  9. Several issues corrupt or missing files/Windows10complications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several issues corrupt or missing files/Windows10complications: I seem to have several issues and I am on day 2. I believe one has to do with some window 10 upgrades that happened yesterday and the other to a virus and/or files I deleted to free up space months ago. While I have internet and can ping google through command prompt, I...
  10. A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt.

in Windows 10 Support
    A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt.: These startup repairs were performed after Windows upgrades on 12/6 and 12/29. It was part of troubleshooting a black screen after Windows upgrade. The first time the featured upgrade was uninstalled. There was only black screeen after each upgrade which was fixed by...