Windows 10: recent files I saved

Discus and support recent files I saved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using this Windows 10 Home see below. Rather than doing a monthly backup of all my files and folders to a flash drive ultra which takes forever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wrist band, Jul 21, 2020.

1. recent files I saved

Using this Windows 10 Home see below. Rather than doing a monthly backup of all my files and folders to a flash drive ultra which takes forever I thought why not do it different way

Rather than backing up files and folders I never make any changes to or having to keep a note on which files and folders I do make a change and where they are, is there...

Some way I can do a search for all files I opened and made a change to and saved giving file a new date say in month of July 2020.

I see all those files after doing search and I copy those to a new folders on flash drive or directly to previous folders or files previously backed up.

I am pretty certain I do not make that many changes in a month to files and this way each month I would not have to spend that much time doing a back up of everything each time I want to back up.

Thanks recent files I saved 44a79548-8a9f-4d27-b712-2ccff5a5f986?upload=true.jpg

:)

wrist band, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 21, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 21, 2020
  4. recent files I saved

eidairaman1, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

recent files I saved

1. recent files I saved - Similar Threads - recent files saved

2. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.: Any Idea's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-i-could-not-find-recent-files/8debf1ae-87a3-4858-b743-85ea732ab18c
  3. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.: Any Idea's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-i-could-not-find-recent-files/8debf1ae-87a3-4858-b743-85ea732ab18c
  4. After Windows Update, I could not find recent files, that had recent saved changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders: I have a folder that I share with another person, with many folders inside it. When they save their files, they will be in many different folders. How can I sort and see the most recently saved files, without seeing the containing folders? When I sort now, all I can do is...
  6. Will Windows backup/save a file in some system location I recently opened?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will Windows backup/save a file in some system location I recently opened?: I have some HDD of partition F, that is spoiled suddenly. Before I open some file under that partition F. Now i cannot get back this file. The recent doc still shows this file, with the path no longer valid. My question is will Windows Operating System auto save or back...
  7. Save and Save As not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Save and Save As not working after recent update: I logged in to Windows this morning, and everything seems to have changed overnight. That's not a problem, except that now Save and Save As are not working properly for all of my apps. I've tried several times to save files, and I get a couple of different errors: - Check...
  8. Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions: I am so frustrated that Windows 10 does not seem to have the "recent" options for locations to save/search for a file. I use a large folder system and am many layers deep in different locations throughout the day. I seem to be spending so much time drilling down to what I...
  9. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive: Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options,...
  10. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations: Hi guys, In File Explorer, how do you disable it from automatically saving recent locations in the dropdown? (NOT the search bar) For instance, I am typing %SCRIPTS% into the folder URL bar and its taking me to the folder location, but it saves the directory as a...