Windows 10: Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions

Discus and support Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have an MFC application which has Recent Files option under File menu. If we hide the extensions in folder view, Recent Files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TULASI Suresh, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions

Hello,

I have an MFC application which has Recent Files option under File menu.

If we hide the extensions in folder view, Recent Files in application also not showing extension even if the file name is stored with extension in the registry.

How to display the extension in Recent Files irrespective of whether file extension is displayed or not in folder view?

:)

TULASI Suresh, Jan 9, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 9, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Jan 9, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions

95Viper, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions

1. Recent Files in MFC application is not showing extensions - Similar Threads - Recent Files MFC

2. Recent files showing as pinned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent files showing as pinned: Windows 11 file explorer is marking ALL my files as pinned by showing a pin, even if they are only recent files that I have not pinned. Right click does not even let me unpin them as they are not really pinned, just showing with pins. So I can't distinguish pinned from recent...
  3. Recent files showing as pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files showing as pinned: Windows 11 file explorer is marking ALL my files as pinned by showing a pin, even if they are only recent files that I have not pinned. Right click does not even let me unpin them as they are not really pinned, just showing with pins. So I can't distinguish pinned from recent...
  4. Change default file extension for application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default file extension for application: I am using the windows 11 photo app. The default file extension is .NEF. Is there a way to change this to .TIFF or some other format? I use a photo editing tool that will not open .NEF and it means exporting the file and saving as to change the extension. I would like the...
  5. Change default file extension for application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default file extension for application: I am using the windows 11 photo app. The default file extension is .NEF. Is there a way to change this to .TIFF or some other format? I use a photo editing tool that will not open .NEF and it means exporting the file and saving as to change the extension. I would like the...
  6. dynamically switch ribbon resources in mfc application

in Windows 10 Customization
    dynamically switch ribbon resources in mfc application: The user of my MFC app needs to be able to click on a ribbonbutton to switch to a different ribbon UI for example, in a differentlanguage. I have IDR_RIBBON and IDR_RIBBON1 in my project. The"switch" button has the following event handler: void CMainFrame::OnSwitchRibbon...
  7. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  8. Will moving files with APPLICATION extensions create confusion?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will moving files with APPLICATION extensions create confusion?: I have a 64bit system that was originally Windows 8, and was upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. I have been reticent to move files with APPLICATION extensions because I do not want to create confusion. In THIS PC, my Downloads folder is filled with files with...
  9. Explorer shows file extensions suddenly

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer shows file extensions suddenly: Explorer shows file extensions suddenly, and can not be unchecked. 75368
  10. Recent Files do not show

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Files do not show: In Windows explorer with W10 when i first had the RTM version Recent files were there, but as that os had been from Win 8.1 upgraded to 10 preview and then 10 RTM it was bloated. So i reinstalled a fresh copy of W10. But now no recent files show up. I found how to go to...