Windows 10: Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it...

Discus and support Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vwev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm4r82/recent_files_is_always_empty_i_have_it_checked_on/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vwev, Apr 7, 2021.

1. /u/vwev Win User

Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it...

/u/vwev, Apr 7, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 7, 2021
  3. eidairaman1, Apr 7, 2021
  4. chaosdsm Win User

Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it...

GPU-z Log File Options???

Are there now... & if not can some options be added for log file handling?

1> I would like to have the option to change how often GPUz writes to the log file, it currently writes to the log every second & results in a large file of about 5.5MB every 8 hours. For long term use (i.e. a 24 - 72hr burn in), I'd like to see the option to write once every 2 to 5 seconds.

2> I would also like to have a way of setting a file size limit

3> Is there any way to make it so that it either writes a new log each time? I can of course manually change the old log filename, but that gets tedious... - Folding at Home for example automatically re-names the log file (from FAHlog to FAHlog-Prev) & starts a new log file once a set size limit range has been reached.

Thanks.

chaosdsm, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it... - Similar Threads - Recent files always

2. Optional Features is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features is empty: Split from this thread. Hi ,I've the similar issue.. Media Feature Pack is not showing in the Optional Features.. in fact nothing is been listed under "Add an optional feature"please suggest the immediate solution for this.. OS: Windows 11...
  3. Optional Features is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features is empty: Split from this thread. Hi ,I've the similar issue.. Media Feature Pack is not showing in the Optional Features.. in fact nothing is been listed under "Add an optional feature"please suggest the immediate solution for this.. OS: Windows 11...
  4. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...: Hello,On Windows 10, when you right-click any folder or file inside your File Explorer, you see the option "always keep on this device". That is at least the case for me if I were to right-click any folder or file, inside File Explorer.Does selecting "always keep on this...
  5. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...: Hello,On Windows 10, when you right-click any folder or file inside your File Explorer, you see the option "always keep on this device". That is at least the case for me if I were to right-click any folder or file, inside File Explorer.Does selecting "always keep on this...
  6. Does the "always keep on this device" option for folders and files in File Explorer, on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Recent files is always zero

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent files is always zero: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vwev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqsfzx/recent_files_is_always_zero/
  8. File option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File option: I want few of my excel files to be able to updated, allow copying but not deleted submitted by /u/aqib_asker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mc0ggn/file_option/
  9. Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out: I had used bitlocked encrytion on my old device for some files . When I copied those files on External hard disk I cannot open them. I was able to find the BitLocker key but I don't know how to proceed...
  10. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036