Windows 10: Recent files is always zero

Discus and support Recent files is always zero in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vwev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqsfzx/recent_files_is_always_zero/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vwev, Apr 14, 2021.

1. /u/vwev Win User

Recent files is always zero

/u/vwev, Apr 14, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 14, 2021
  3. eidairaman1, Apr 14, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Recent files is always zero - Similar Threads - Recent files always

2. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  3. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  4. Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot: My old hard disk that came pre-installed on my Dell Inspiron 13-5378 with Windows 10 was deteriorating. So I replaced it with a new SSD installed windows 10 again.1.However, as soon as I finished the installation, I noticed the volume indicator near the top left of the screen...
  5. Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot: HiMy old hard disk where I had Windows 10 installed was deteriorating. So I replaced it with a new SSD on my Dell Inspiron 13-5378 and installed windows 10 again.1.However, as soon as I finished the installation, I noticed the volume indicator near the top left of the screen...
  6. Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vwev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm4r82/recent_files_is_always_empty_i_have_it_checked_on/
  7. Zero-byte files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zero-byte files: I recently ran a program to find duplicate files on my system Windows 10. It found dozensof files with no data in them--length = zero bytes. Some even seem to be system files. Can these be deleted? No savings in disk space, but it would clean up the file system. Do any...
  8. Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker: Greetings All, I have a new issue on a Lenovo laptop running the latest Windows 10 and Lenovo firmware bios drivers. The latter recently had an update and when it was done I've been finding my laptop's volume no longer where I left it. This means I can be playing YouTube...
  9. Page file stuck at zero

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page file stuck at zero: I have suddenly started getting serious memory loss problems, with the Tablet PC showing warnings and closing down before I can achieve anything. The Page file is shown stuck at zero. I have not been able to change it in the configuration menu. I enter automatic or customised...
  10. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036