Windows 10: Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

Discus and support Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mike.y, Oct 24, 2019.

1. mike.y Win User

Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

Hi guys,

I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea.

I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below.

I work for a large corporation and found it very productive especially when opening, moving, saving files. Removing has proved very frustrating.

Is it possible for someone to advise, with clear instructions how to add this to file explorer or quick access view? (please try it first because suggested methods don't seem to work).

I would very grateful.

Regards,

Mike

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-in-file/356c777a-5daa-43af-9d48-366b473d1340

:)

mike.y, Oct 24, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 24, 2019
  3. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

eidairaman1, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

1. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Recent Files Locations

2. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  3. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  4. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files showing up in file explorer but the location is not available

Files showing up in file explorer but the location is not available: I have a couple folders and shortcuts including the Documents folder that are showing up in the file explorer but when I try to open them it is not able to locate the files. System File Checker does not detect any problems so I'm not sure how to fix the problem.-Thanks!...
  6. File Explorer "cannot find" location of file

File Explorer "cannot find" location of file: This problem started just a few days ago: The app has its icon on the task bar but now defaults to Windows can't locate file...?. I can go C:\Programs Files x86...; click on .exe and even then I get same error msg., I can execute same approach on any other app and it works...
  7. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  8. File Explorer isn't showing recent files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer isn't showing recent files: My new laptop has Windows10 pre-installed. It crashed and file explorer won't now show recent files. It seems to be showing recent folders but there are no recent files. Settings/personalisation/start shows "recently opened files" is turned "on" and File Explorer is showing...
  9. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...
  10. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations: Hi guys, In File Explorer, how do you disable it from automatically saving recent locations in the dropdown? (NOT the search bar) For instance, I am typing %SCRIPTS% into the folder URL bar and its taking me to the folder location, but it saves the directory as a...