Windows 10: Recent files not opening

Discus and support Recent files not opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently (maybe after an updated, but no sure) noticed my recent files are not opening. For example I have excel, adobe reader and word on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarceloGSilva, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Recent files not opening

Hello,

I recently (maybe after an updated, but no sure) noticed my recent files are not opening.

For example I have excel, adobe reader and word on my start menu. Usually when I want to open a document I'm working on I right click the app and choose the document. But when I do this it shows the recent files (pinned and not pinned) but it never opens them. On any app!

I've tried clearing the "show recent files" and turning it back on, but to no avail.

I'm guessing it's something to do with registry files, but I haven't messed there with this computer.

Thank you in advance!

:)

MarceloGSilva, Dec 5, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 5, 2018
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Recent files not opening [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Recent files not opening

eidairaman1, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Recent files not opening

1. Recent files not opening - Similar Threads - Recent files opening

2. Recent files opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files opened: Hello, This morning the "Recent" folder on windows is showing that several files on my computer have been accessed which I know I have not opened. There are several opened files showing the same time for example about 10 say they were opened at "7:04". I had turned my...
  3. Recent files opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent files opened: Hello, This morning the "Recent" folder on windows is showing that several files on my computer have been accessed which I know I have not opened. There are several opened files showing the same time for example about 10 say they were opened at "7:04". I had turned my...
  4. Files are saying ‘Recently opened’ but I didnt open them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are saying ‘Recently opened’ but I didnt open them: I just went onto my laptop and saw that a few files which I had left open a few days ago, now say that they were recently used 6 hours ago when I was at work. No one else has access to this account, nor do I use this account elsewhere minus the laptop, could it mean someone...
  5. Files are saying ‘Recently opened’ but I didnt open them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files are saying ‘Recently opened’ but I didnt open them: I just went onto my laptop and saw that a few files which I had left open a few days ago, now say that they were recently used 6 hours ago when I was at work. No one else has access to this account, nor do I use this account elsewhere minus the laptop, could it mean someone...
  6. Cannot see recently opened files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see recently opened files: i dont see the recently opened files in the "home" of file explorer.... its just gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-recently-opened-files/25434ea6-8414-42bd-aa4f-ca86127f8e8f
  7. Cannot see recently opened files

Cannot see recently opened files: i dont see the recently opened files in the "home" of file explorer.... its just gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-recently-opened-files/25434ea6-8414-42bd-aa4f-ca86127f8e8f
  8. Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open: I have had the Recent Files populating with Files that were not opened recently, even after I clear them off the list, they keep showing back up. This has been going on for about a week. I tried shutting off the Recent Files by using several different methods, including the...
  9. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  10. Recent files open by an App in search result

Recent files open by an App in search result: How do i clear recent files open by an App in search result? I've try to clear all history from Explorer's Option I've try to Disable "Show recently opened item in jump list...." at start setting. please help Here is the recent that i mean, tat colored by yellow in...