Windows 10: Recent files open by an App in search result

Discus and support Recent files open by an App in search result in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do i clear recent files open by an App in search result? I've try to clear all history from Explorer's Option I've try to Disable "Show recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eko Arief Wibowo, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Recent files open by an App in search result

How do i clear recent files open by an App in search result?

I've try to clear all history from Explorer's Option

I've try to Disable "Show recently opened item in jump list...." at start setting.

please help

Here is the recent that i mean, tat colored by yellow in picture below

Recent files open by an App in search result 1e92f81c-0ed4-4f6c-9e90-5b52ec24e369?upload=true.png

:)

Eko Arief Wibowo, Jul 1, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 1, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them.

Before search:

Recent files open by an App in search result [​IMG]

After search for "Get"

Recent files open by an App in search result [​IMG]

Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does zilch.

nigelmercier, Jul 1, 2020
  4. pjfarr Win User

Recent files open by an App in search result

Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box.

When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but clicking on any web results doesn't do anything.

Example: If I type in "ASUS", it'll show any file on my PC with ASUS in the name. Under those results, it then lists results from the web like the ASUS website and other ASUS related results like Google or Bing does. Any local document in the list will open from the search results, but no web links will open (nothing happens when clicked on).

Not sure why this is happening. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or know what could be causing this?

pjfarr, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Recent files open by an App in search result

1. Recent files open by an App in search result - Similar Threads - Recent files open

2. How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11: https://i.imgur.com/zNLxJtF.pngI have such a huge list of recent files in my vlc and pot media player, I want to delete them all at once but it seems harder than I thought, I've tried deleting search history in Settings, and disabled the show recently used files in File...
  3. How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11: https://i.imgur.com/zNLxJtF.pngI have such a huge list of recent files in my vlc and pot media player, I want to delete them all at once but it seems harder than I thought, I've tried deleting search history in Settings, and disabled the show recently used files in File...
  4. Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results: How do I disable this recent list?:... but apparently it makes no difference to the list of recent files found when you enter an app name in the search bar, e.g. type "irfanview", etc....
  5. Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results: How do I disable this recent list?:... but apparently it makes no difference to the list of recent files found when you enter an app name in the search bar, e.g. type "irfanview", etc....
  6. Windows Explorer "Open file location" opens Search Results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer "Open file location" opens Search Results: Try this: Open Windows Explorer Go to Quick access -> Desktop Right-click on empty area -> New -> Text Document Search "New Text Document" without quotes In the search results, right-click "New Text Document.txt" -> Send to -> Desktop create shortcut Go back to Quick access...
  7. How to clear recent files list in search box result?

in Cortana
    How to clear recent files list in search box result?: Hello, when I use the "Type here to search" in my task bar to find an app, it always shows a list of recent opened files. I want to learn how can I disable this feature or clear the list, cause there are some files I have deleted but they still appear in the list and I can...
  8. Keeping search results open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keeping search results open: Hi, I hope I'm missing something here. Is there a way to keep the search results box open? If click away from the box it closes itself which not what I want to happen. Dave 32360
  9. Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results: This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box. When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...