Windows 10: recent files

Discus and support recent files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK here is a dumb question When I Open the program from the tool bar Icon i get the most recent list of files to open. If I right on the Icon for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregBaranski, Mar 12, 2020.

1. recent files

OK here is a dumb question

When I Open the program from the tool bar Icon i get the most recent list of files to open.

If I right on the Icon for the list of most recent files i get the old list.

What setting do i need to change to correct this

Greg Baranski

Mobile 248-996-2295

:)

GregBaranski, Mar 12, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 12, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Mar 12, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

recent files

95Viper, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

recent files

1. recent files - Similar Threads - recent files

2. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  3. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  4. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can the Windows Notepad Recent list include a pinned .bat file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the Windows Notepad Recent list include a pinned .bat file?: I have a batch file that makes several new folders at a time based on our company's new customer information. I open the batch file in Notepad and paste the data into it from Excel and then save and close it. I then run it as a batch file to create the new folders. I have...
  6. Can the Windows Notepad Recent list include a pinned .bat file?

Can the Windows Notepad Recent list include a pinned .bat file?: I have a batch file that makes several new folders at a time based on our company's new customer information. I open the batch file in Notepad and paste the data into it from Excel and then save and close it. I then run it as a batch file to create the new folders. I have...
  7. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...: I am trying many things to fix But none work help please I am use windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-did-a-takeown-command-on-my-c-drive-and/395f660d-0e4c-4ae7-98cd-5e456d4e58b8
  8. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...: I am trying many things to fix But none work help please I am use windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-did-a-takeown-command-on-my-c-drive-and/395f660d-0e4c-4ae7-98cd-5e456d4e58b8
  9. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....
  10. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent files