Windows 10: Recent folder

Discus and support Recent folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Why I don't have a "recent folder" on my os windows10? Thank you,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MajdKhalil1, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:22 PM.

1. Recent folder

Hello,

Why I don't have a "recent folder" on my os windows10?

Thank you,

:)

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:26 PM
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Recent folder :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

4. mharran Win User

Recent folder

Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

For anyone still struggling with this, here is a step by step guide to

• Adding Recent Folders back to Quick Access (easy)
    • Getting Recent Folders to appear in Save As dialogs (tricky, needs registry modifactions, not to attempted unless you are comfortable modifying the Registry)
    Restoring Recent Folders (Dragonblogger.com)

Thema:

Recent folder

1. Recent folder - Similar Threads - Recent folder

2. The most recent update messed up my folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The most recent update messed up my folders.: submitted by /u/bitesizeboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0184w/the_most_recent_update_messed_up_my_folders/
  3. When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...: I've tried a number of different paths to get to the folder I need (it's on a shared network), including pinning it to my taskbar for quick access. Nothing I've tried has worked to make the folder I need appear when trying to save my files. It's not a personal computer, so...
  4. How to increase the number of items shown in "Recent Folders" folder in Windows 10, or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to increase the number of items shown in "Recent Folders" folder in Windows 10, or...: So I wanted a Desktop shortcut and an entry in Quick Access in any Explorer folder's sidebar to let me see a good sized list of recent folder I had opened. For the 1st I followed these instructions:...
  5. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  6. I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs...

I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs...: Hello. I recently went into my “Users folder” to enable the “hidden folder” option next to the “read-only” option in attributes to see hidden folders and now half of my icons on my desktop are missing, all my folders in my “users” folder are now under a folder labeled...
  7. How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...: ...from Quick Access? I circled the location I want them back: [img] I removed certain folders from this location by right clicking and selecting "Remove from Quick Access". I now want them back there for ease. Please let me know how to do this. Much appreciated. 142555
  8. File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders: I used to have a list of recent folders in File Explorer under pinned folders. Now there is just one, the last one. How do I get the whole list back? I have 12 pinned items, which I had before the update. The 1903 update apparently now only allows one recent item. So how...
  9. Clearing Recent files/folders in file explorer via CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing Recent files/folders in file explorer via CMD: Hello, is there a way to clear recent files and folders in file Explorer and to turn it off on the side bar so that it only shows pinned folders? I mean this: [img] 136716
  10. Frequent folders & recent files

Frequent folders & recent files: Is it possible to prevent Windows Explorer from showing data from an external hard drive in these places? Alternatively, can these items be hidden or deleted?...