Windows 10: Recent folder

Discus and support Recent folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Why I don't have a "recent folder" on my os windows10? Thank you,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MajdKhalil1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Recent folder

Hello,

Why I don't have a "recent folder" on my os windows10?

Thank you,

:)

MajdKhalil1, Jan 14, 2020

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 14, 2020
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Recent folder :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Jan 14, 2020
  4. mharran Win User

Recent folder

Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

For anyone still struggling with this, here is a step by step guide to

• Adding Recent Folders back to Quick Access (easy)
    • Getting Recent Folders to appear in Save As dialogs (tricky, needs registry modifactions, not to attempted unless you are comfortable modifying the Registry)
    Restoring Recent Folders (Dragonblogger.com)

mharran, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Recent folder

1. Recent folder - Similar Threads - Recent folder

2. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive: I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive is having only 256 gb but that folder have more than 500 GB how can it possible can i delet the folder or it delet automatically...
  3. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive: I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive is having only 256 gb but that folder have more than 500 GB how can it possible can i delet the folder or it delet automatically...
  4. I recently reset my windows 10 and now i see a folder called windows old in c drive my C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...: I am trying many things to fix But none work help please I am use windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-did-a-takeown-command-on-my-c-drive-and/395f660d-0e4c-4ae7-98cd-5e456d4e58b8
  6. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...: I am trying many things to fix But none work help please I am use windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-did-a-takeown-command-on-my-c-drive-and/395f660d-0e4c-4ae7-98cd-5e456d4e58b8
  7. Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...: Hi, recently when I try to access folders the explorer is very slow to access the folder. There is no difference between SSD, HDD and a M2. drive Blackmagic Test. 2500 MB/s Read/Write. Just tested.... Even when I click on a file, the mouse pointer switches from the pointer to...
  8. Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. The mouse...: Hi, recently when I try to access folders the explorer is very slow to access the folder. There is no difference between SSD, HDD and a M2. drive Blackmagic Test. 2500 MB/s Read/Write. Just tested.... Even when I click on a file, the mouse pointer switches from the pointer to...
  9. Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. Mouse point...

Hi, recently when I try to access folders and files, the explorer is very slow. Mouse point...: Hi, recently when I try to access folders the explorer is very slow to access the folder. Even on a NVME SSD. Also when I click on a file, the mouse pointer switches from the pointer to the blue ring three times. Working this way is painfully slow.When I access the filesystem...
  10. Recent folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent folder: I don't know how, but it seems that I accidently removed my Recent file folder from Quick search. I went to the drop down menu to see if the folder was there it was not. It showed up before so I know its not an hidden folder. How do I get it back so I can pin it? Hope it a...