Windows 10: Recent Folders disappear from Save As dialogues

Discus and support Recent Folders disappear from Save As dialogues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In Quick Access, I pinned Recent Folders, however this never appears when I'm using the Save As feature, so dumb. I could did this easily in Windows 7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cf4000, Feb 1, 2021.

1. /u/cf4000 Win User

Recent Folders disappear from Save As dialogues

In Quick Access, I pinned Recent Folders, however this never appears when I'm using the Save As feature, so dumb. I could did this easily in Windows 7, the computer doesn't deny me permission to customize my own features like that.

Anyway to fix this?

submitted by /u/cf4000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cf4000, Feb 1, 2021
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Recent Folders disappear from Save As dialogues upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Disappearance of the list of folders.

Hi Thomas,

There are various factors why your folders may disappear. It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you allow someone to use your computer?
    • Have you tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried checking your Recycle Bin?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Recent Folders disappear from Save As dialogues - Similar Threads - Recent Folders disappear

2. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  3. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  4. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save/Open Dialogues Hanging: Hello,Windows 10 19044Azure AD JoinedIntune ManagedA few weeks ago whenever a Windows Save or Open dialgoue appeared it would white screen for a good minute before showing files, see screenshot.Tried a few basic troubleshooting- Updated drivers- Updated BIOS- Ran SFC scan-...
  6. Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save/Open Dialogues Hanging: Hello,Windows 10 19044Azure AD JoinedIntune ManagedA few weeks ago whenever a Windows Save or Open dialgoue appeared it would white screen for a good minute before showing files, see screenshot.Tried a few basic troubleshooting- Updated drivers- Updated BIOS- Ran SFC scan-...
  7. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue from Word or Excel, the file explorer navigation pane within the Save As dialogue shows her mapped...
  8. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer, the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue, the file explorer navigation pane shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a...
  9. Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING

Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING: Whenever I try to save a file from whatsapp app or try to upload any type of documents on Chrome, the dialogue box opens and shows not responding error every time. I didnt have any idea regarding this issue. I tried to restart, shut down and searched internet for this issue,...
  10. Save-As dialogue box freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Save-As dialogue box freezes: I am using Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.753). I'm facing a problem in the "Save as" dialog box. It freezes for 15-20 seconds in every software, be it Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft word, photoshop, etc.What must I do to resolve this issue? 77168