Windows 10: Recent Issues with Windows 10

Discus and support Recent Issues with Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately, I've been having 10016 DistributedCOM events in Event Viewerwhere certain CLSID and APPID keys haven't been communicating. After looking it up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DJKennedy90, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Recent Issues with Windows 10

Lately, I've been having 10016 DistributedCOM events in Event Viewerwhere certain CLSID and APPID keys haven't been communicating. After looking it up, I was told that changing the Permissions on the Keys in regedit from TrustedInstaller to Administrators with Full Controll would resolve it. And so far it looks like it has.

But now I have a new issue: Event 13 AppModel-State.

This is my XML View Details:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-State" Guid="{bff15e13-81bf-45ee-8b16-7cfead00da86}" />
    <EventID>13</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-01-19T04:54:36.684879100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>28785</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="16960" ThreadID="4244" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>USER</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-518185541-2481664613-2915946657-1001" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="FolderString">C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache</Data>
    <Data Name="PackageString">Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data Name="Error">-2147024809</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I've seen almost nothing on this, and what I have seen involves using System Restore, a process that I really wish to be the last resort because my latest restore point is from about a week ago.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on with this?

:)

DJKennedy90, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 19, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent Issues with Windows 10

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Recent Issues with Windows 10

1. Recent Issues with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recent Issues

2. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  3. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  4. Recently I have been facing an issue with Windows Activation. Has anybody else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently I have been facing an issue with Windows Activation. Has anybody else?: It's been about a week or two since I have been getting weird bugs/errors. I'm not exactly sure what is the cause. My windows is deactivated. I have a genuine copy of it plus the product keys and stuff. It says "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're...
  5. Recently I have been facing an issue with Windows Activation. Has anybody else?

Recently I have been facing an issue with Windows Activation. Has anybody else?: It's been about a week or two since I have been getting weird bugs/errors. I'm not exactly sure what is the cause. My windows is deactivated. I have a genuine copy of it plus the product keys and stuff. It says "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're...
  6. Recently I updated my windows and since then I'm getting lot of issues with my laptop like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently I updated my windows and since then I'm getting lot of issues with my laptop like...: Recently I updated my windows and since then I'm getting lot of issues with my laptop like screen was distorted and taskbar gets stuck until I restart my system.Like today I faced both the issues. I started my laptop so taskbar was stuck with the Friday's time when I last...
  7. Recently I updated my windows and since then I'm getting lot of issues with my laptop like...

Recently I updated my windows and since then I'm getting lot of issues with my laptop like...: Recently I updated my windows and since then I'm getting lot of issues with my laptop like screen was distorted and taskbar gets stuck until I restart my system.Like today I faced both the issues. I started my laptop so taskbar was stuck with the Friday's time when I last...
  8. Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update: My laptop's Windows had an update last February 24, 2024. I just noticed there was an update by the time when I was about to shut down my laptop after doing some work. After the update was completed and my laptop turned off, I turned it on to see what's with the new update. I...
  9. Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update

Laptop experiences frequent lag issues after recent Windows update: My laptop's Windows had an update last February 24, 2024. I just noticed there was an update by the time when I was about to shut down my laptop after doing some work. After the update was completed and my laptop turned off, I turned it on to see what's with the new update. I...
  10. Recent onset: fan runs more, slow navigation, and video conferencing issues

Recent onset: fan runs more, slow navigation, and video conferencing issues: Hello,As of about a week ago, my navigation between files and folders offline and my online work speed has diminished. When I try to type something, for example, there is a long lag tie between my typing and the characters showing up on the screen. My fan seems to begin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bff15e13-81bf-45ee-8b16-7cfead00da86