Windows 10: Recent Items: How to remove them?

Discus and support Recent Items: How to remove them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Recent Items: How to remove them?

Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files.

I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear.

Thank you for any help!

:)

NiceAndShy, Jan 6, 2017
  2. reinob Win User

How to remove some pre-installed items

For the camera issue, you could try going to settings - general - personalisation - home screen mode - key shortcuts, and there you can select the function associated with the left and right selections keys (I have "Menu" and "Contacts").

Are you using the active or the basic home screen? ("home screen theme")

reinob, Jan 6, 2017
  3. Helmet13 Win User
    How to I manually remove Items from Add Remove programs list.

The program in question is NERO buring rom. It refuses to uninstall properly so I have manually wiped it from the HD and registry. The problem now is that I cannot remove its icon from the Add Remove programs screen. Ive tried the old windows 7 method
    by locating the reg key but nero doesnt show up there.

Specific question-- Where does the add remove programs app store its info and can I delete the ones I do not want?

Window 10 Pro x64 system

Helmet13, Jan 6, 2017
  4. Recent Items: How to remove them?

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2017
  5. topgundcp Win User
    If you don't want to turn off this feature then delete everything under:
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

topgundcp, Jan 6, 2017
  6. Thanks, but I think I'm happy to turn off this "Recent items" function. What's the best way to do this?

NiceAndShy, Jan 8, 2017
  7. Hi, again:

Did you check out the tutorial for which I provided a link in my previous reply?
    The tutorial explains how to turn off "Recent Items".
    The blue text below is a clickable link that will take you to the tutorial.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recent Items: How to remove them?

1. Recent Items: How to remove them? - Similar Threads - Recent Items remove

2. Set up Recent items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up Recent items: Set up Recent items https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-recent-items/a61f5ef2-1ac7-4e19-a67e-bbd03ad8ea0e
  3. Recent Items List incomplete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items List incomplete: The Recent Items list in Windows Explorer is often incomplete, only showing 15 or so items when I know there should be 50. The list is missing all items accessed prior to 2:42 PM. Nothing happened today, such as a Windows update, although I did shut down the PC and restart...
  4. How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items: I have 30 laptops we use in our school environment. I want to reduce the visual distractions for the student on the Start menu. I have been looking for a way to remove "Settings" and "Windows Security" from the User Menu. These are not located in the two places that I know...
  5. How To Remove Recent Files..

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Recent Files..: ver 1903 build 18362 I don't like that recent files thing coming up in explorer all the time. very embarrassing, people can see where I've been... So I google how to remove it and places like Tom's hardware spell it out quite clearly... But, as so often seems to happen,...
  6. Recent items list not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items list not updating: I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often...
  7. folders with invisiable items in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders with invisiable items in them: I have some folders that contain music files but the file names are not showing up in file explorer. The hidden attribute does not appear to be set on any of the files. If you look in the folder in file explorer it shows no files - folder empty but if you delete the...
  8. How to remove/or uninstall "Recent Items" in the windows 10 menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove/or uninstall "Recent Items" in the windows 10 menu: Hello everyone! When the windows menu pops up,when i hit the windows icon, coming down the list, you've got, documents, pictures,games, then "recent items", aside from opening a guest account, how can i alter that item, so other people viewing my computer, can see content...
  9. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings: I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this...
  10. How to remove items in OPEN WITH

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove items in OPEN WITH: When i right click on a HTML file then select open with it lists things like google chrome,Microsoft edge but also some bizarre things like Microsoft jigsaw. I notice also that when i right click on different files different things will appear in the open with menu. My...