Windows 10: Recent items list not updating

Discus and support Recent items list not updating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rosawoodsii, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Recent items list not updating

I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often short-term, I'm finding this a bit annoying. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

:)

rosawoodsii, Oct 2, 2019

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Recent items list not updating :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Increase recent items list

I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces:

Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else.
    How to change the number of recent items to display in Jump Lists using Registry edit:
    Press Windows + R keys, type in regedit and press Enter.
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    In the right pane double click on the Start_JumpListItems to modify it.
    Enter a number between 0 to 60.
    Restart the computer.
    Windows 10 Tutorials 81 – Change the Number of Recent Items to Display in Jump Lists

However I have done that and the recent items list stays at 15. How can I increase it?

woldsweather, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Recent items list not updating

Increase recent items list

Recent items list not updating [​IMG]

Recent items list not updating [​IMG]

Yes that's what I have

woldsweather, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Recent items list not updating

1. Recent items list not updating - Similar Threads - Recent items list

2. Outlook's "recent items" list for attachments is not chronological, inaccurate - Office...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook's "recent items" list for attachments is not chronological, inaccurate - Office...: It used to be that when I went to attach a file to an Outlook email, the "recent items" list would be populated with all the files I'd recently worked on, in chronological order from most recent to oldest. For some time now don't remember when this change happened that hasn't...
  3. exclusion list of registry items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exclusion list of registry items: I was running the ccleaner registry cleaner, and there was a file that would just not be eliminated. I tried and tried multiple scans and it would not disappear. I highlighted it and saw an option that said "add to exclusion list" . now it doesn't appear in the scan, but is...
  4. Recent Items List incomplete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items List incomplete: The Recent Items list in Windows Explorer is often incomplete, only showing 15 or so items when I know there should be 50. The list is missing all items accessed prior to 2:42 PM. Nothing happened today, such as a Windows update, although I did shut down the PC and restart...
  5. Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?: The same way recently added items are shown (or any other way that isnt just a shortcut)? I have the same question for the left pane in file explorer. Is it possible to show a list like quick acess with only recent items? I know quick access can show them too. Im just...
  6. how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items

in Windows 10 Support
    how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items: Hello! often I use "Recent Items" folder to see where files are created. But not all programs created files are listen there ( e.g. pycharm64.exe ) Is it possible to configure such programs, that they works a default? Thank you for tips 141535
  7. Increase recent items list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase recent items list: I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces: Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else. How to change...
  8. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  9. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689