Windows 10: Recent Items pinned on the left pane, but randomly it slides down to last position in the...

Discus and support Recent Items pinned on the left pane, but randomly it slides down to last position in the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Skynet3d [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skynet3d, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Recent Items pinned on the left pane, but randomly it slides down to last position in the...

/u/Skynet3d, Apr 5, 2020

2. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

Thanks for your reply.

Just in case this was a result of a poor description of the problem by me, I will explain in detail.

I have Excel permanently pinned to the taskbar. When I right click the Excel tile, the context menu shows a list of Pinned items at the top and Recent items below that. I believe these are called jump lists.

When I hover over an item on the Pinned list a push pin (), overlaid with a no entry sign (), is displayed to the right of the item.

I can click on the pin to unpin it from the pinned list.

Under Windows 7, I was able to left click on an item in the pinned list and drag it up or down to a different position in the list. This drag and drop functionality has never worked for me under Windows 10. As I noted in my original post,
    the only way to resequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

Do you know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

davecope22, Apr 5, 2020
  3. how to keep W7 start menu pinned items when upgrading to W10

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply.

Answer for your question, “Windows 7 ability to pin recent opened items in jump lists is the fastest way to access your most used stuff, is this feature discontinued in W10?” “YES”

You have an option to pin the recent opened items in the jump lists. Windows 10 allows you to display the recent items starting from number 0 to 60. You can choose any number as per your preference and then you will be able to see that number of recent
    items on your Jump Lists. To quickly open any program, you can also use Quick Access on Windows 10.

It shows you the list of lately and repeatedly opened, mostly visited, tasks or pinned items of any pinned program or currently active program on the Taskbar. When you make a right click on any pinned item on the Taskbar or on any running program, you can
    see a list of certain items. Those items are different for files, folders, and websites. The pinned and recent items are visible in case of folders. You are also provided with the facility to pin the recent items. And the Jump Lists of file show you the recently
    used file along with an option to pin them to the taskbar. But the websites have different sections like most visited, recently closed, and tasks.

Note: The number of Jump Lists on windows 10 is 10 by default.

If you are facing issue with jump list/ or you want to have more than 10 jump list to be view on windows 10 after upgrading, I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the settings.
    How to Show Jump Lists on Start and Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Enter into the Settings app from the polished Start Menu.

2. Upon the emergence of the Settings app, click Personalization symbol.

3. Go to the last option on the left column and click Start.

4. The Start on the right pane showcases four option. Read the last one, Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or Taskbar.

5. To Show Jump Lists on Start and Taskbar in Windows 10, toggle it to On.

6. Now, right click on any opened program on Taskbar and you can see the Jump Lists.

7. On Start Menu, click on the arrow next to the program and its displays you the Jump Lists.

8. If you prefer not to see the Jump Lists, toggle it to off in the Start of Personalization category of Settings app.

9. Execute a right click on a program on Taskbar and you can no more see the Jump Lists items.

10. And have the option of changing the Jump lists ON or OFF.

Hope this information is more helpful. Please do let us know if

you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Recent Items pinned on the left pane, but randomly it slides down to last position in the...

Increase recent items list

I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces:

Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else.
    How to change the number of recent items to display in Jump Lists using Registry edit:
    Press Windows + R keys, type in regedit and press Enter.
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    In the right pane double click on the Start_JumpListItems to modify it.
    Enter a number between 0 to 60.
    Restart the computer.
    Windows 10 Tutorials 81 – Change the Number of Recent Items to Display in Jump Lists

However I have done that and the recent items list stays at 15. How can I increase it?

woldsweather, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Recent Items pinned on the left pane, but randomly it slides down to last position in the...

1. Recent Items pinned on the left pane, but randomly it slides down to last position in the... - Similar Threads - Recent Items pinned

2. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  3. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  4. Slide to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slide to shut down: Hi I need help diabling slide to shut down option in my windows 11. I need my laptop to switch off quickly after i press power button, having another swipe to make it shut down is the most ennoying "feature" i have ever seen in windows over the years....
  5. Slide to shut down

Slide to shut down: Hi I need help diabling slide to shut down option in my windows 11. I need my laptop to switch off quickly after i press power button, having another swipe to make it shut down is the most ennoying "feature" i have ever seen in windows over the years....
  6. Blur when scrolling down on the left pane in File Explorer

Blur when scrolling down on the left pane in File Explorer: I get this graphics glitch when scrolling down on the left pane in File Explorer in Windows 10. Is there a way to fix this, it seems a bit strange? [img] 168961
  7. taskbar slide down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar slide down: so i wanna activate the slide down feature for the taskbar but my windows isn't activated, is there any way to turn on that setting when windows is not activated? submitted by /u/pluminco_1911 [link] [comments]...
  8. Converting old film slide negatives to positive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting old film slide negatives to positive ?: I've about 60 old Kodachrome film slides from the Eighties which I've downloaded ok but can't remember how to turn the original negatives to positive which I'd already done before. I thought it was using Paint 3D but it isn't though from memory I think it might have already...
  9. Navigation pane scrolls down when mouse cursor is positioned on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Navigation pane scrolls down when mouse cursor is positioned on it: The folder navigation pane scrolls down whenever I position my mouse cursor over it. The taskbar is constantly refreshing also. Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage...
  10. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...