Windows 10: Recent List on right clicking icon

Discus and support Recent List on right clicking icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions but in all the reply I have not seen a solution to my issue. When I right click in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mjw416, Mar 13, 2019.

1. mjw416 Win User

Recent List on right clicking icon

I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions but in all the reply I have not seen a solution to my issue. When I right click in any applications icon (Word, Excel< etc..) it does not show recently opened files like it was before. I do have the toggle for that option set to display as some replies have indicated. I have exhausted all the ideas posted for this but nothing has helped. Does anyone have a for sure solution to get this working again. Its very useful feature when it is working.

:)

mjw416, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. AndreTen Win User
    Right-click on Taskbar icon for Word and popup list is messed up

If you right click on non-working document, can you remove it from list?

Recent List on right clicking icon [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 13, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Recent List on right clicking icon - Similar Threads - Recent List right

2. Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons: New W11 system, and Word, etc, aren't showing recently opened files. I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-opened-files-do-not-show-when-right-click/5f0f5381-fe74-4f7a-b5e1-c4ca152e4733, but the "show recently..." toggle is enabled.What else...
  3. Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons: New W11 system, and Word, etc, aren't showing recently opened files. I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-opened-files-do-not-show-when-right-click/5f0f5381-fe74-4f7a-b5e1-c4ca152e4733, but the "show recently..." toggle is enabled.What else...
  4. Right-click Options list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click Options list: How do ITurn OFF"SHOW MORE OPTIONS"When I Right-click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-options-list/abf02990-c21f-4e86-9ab1-d5cfa0d025fd
  5. Right-click Options list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click Options list: How do ITurn OFF"SHOW MORE OPTIONS"When I Right-click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-options-list/abf02990-c21f-4e86-9ab1-d5cfa0d025fd
  6. after recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    after recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar: After recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar. Nothing happens when right click on a task bar icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-update-cannot-right-click-on-icons-on/b2ea60cc-8623-4acf-b9be-4b92ff5ada32
  7. Can't click on icons and right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  8. Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back: For some reason, no matter how many times i remove some items from recently accessed files (right click Word icon on taskbar), they keep coming back. *sarc 135269
  9. Right-click on Taskbar icon for Word and popup list is messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click on Taskbar icon for Word and popup list is messed up: Sorry but I cannot think of the name of the popup list that appears when one right-clicks on a taskbar icon but when I do this on my taskbar Word icon there are some titles that have been deleted. I cannot unpin them and now have a bunch of useless/ non existing files on this...
  10. "Recent" right click programs in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Recent" right click programs in taskbar: Hello! My issue is that usually when you right click for example Steam or Chrome it shows you recently played games/recently opened websites you've been onto... once again, my Windows 10 have stopped doing that, and I don't even know why. 47648