Windows 10: Recent major Windows ten update broke the os

Discus and support Recent major Windows ten update broke the os in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During a recent Windows update when it begins to restart the PC, after installing components, on re-boot it displayed an error message "Missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DustinNHughes, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Recent major Windows ten update broke the os

During a recent Windows update when it begins to restart the PC, after installing components, on re-boot it displayed an error message "Missing Operating System". System repair didnt work, backup and recovery didnt work, recorver from a system image didnt work all error messages said that one did not exist. Same results in safe mode. Now I have to start and restart the pc to eventually get it to come up on the blue Windows repair screen. I have done every solution suggested. Can't use bios because it freezes when selecting an option with or without the HDD selected. I have tried reinstalling Windows with a disc and nothing happens just how black screen and the keyboard and mouse will shut off, tried installing with a usb drive and the 1 time bios Didnt freeze it said there wasn't any is drive to boot from. I've unplugged and let sit, ive tried everything with the GPU unplugged still the same results, I've even replaced the cmos battery and cleared bios through the jumper and still all the same results. Did Windows ten update really just kill my pc

System specs

MSI-970A G43plus grade 4 mil board, AMD 6300 processor 3.5GHZ, 6800AMD HD 1gbGPU, 16gbDDR4 ram, 2TB HDD, 64 but system on Windows 10 home ran fine until rebooting after a recent update.

:)

DustinNHughes, Nov 10, 2018

2. recent fedora update broke the OS?

anyone recently update your Fedora 11 system and notice video card issues? Well after an update it stopped using the x nvidia drivers from kmod-nvidia. so i uninstall kmod-nvidia and reinstalled it. i rebooted the system and now all i get when it loads the OS is a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner of a blank screen.

Easy Rhino, Nov 10, 2018
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Recent major Windows ten update broke the os

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Recent major Windows ten update broke the os

1. Recent major Windows ten update broke the os - Similar Threads - Recent major ten

2. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: So last night windows decided to update wihtout asking and woke up to srttrail.txt error and an infinite repair loop, i couldnt access safemode by any means.Pretty much tried everything and had to do a fresh install of win11 after it.Now im having a problem that the windows...
  3. recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.: Ok, so today morning i did a restart for technical purposes and the next boot i noticed my color was desaturated and my gpu software said my gpu wasnt installed correctly, so i went to recovery mode and reverted the last update. and now here i am with yellow parts of my...
  4. Windows 10 recent update broke login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 recent update broke login: When my laptop starts up, the screen that you need to dismiss to get to the login screen will disappear briefly, then reappear. It started doing this immediately after installing a recent update. I can't tell which one because I can't get into my laptop. Any ideas?...
  5. Recent update broke sound in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update broke sound in headphones: Hello, I updated win10 about an hour ago, but since the update, i am getting no sound from headphones at all, I am on asus rog 503vm, I tried to reinstall realtek drivers, when that did not work, i tried drivers form ASUS web page, for this model, didt work either, everything...
  6. Recent update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update broke my computer: A week or so ago, I updated windows with the most recent update. The next day I turn it on to use it and it started up fine, got to the login screen fine but when I logged in my desktop was gone, all I had was the tool bar on the bottom. When I would scroll my mouse down to...
  7. Recent major update issues

Recent major update issues: MS recently did a major update for windows 10 on my Surface pro 6. I dread these, for good reasons. Just when I get it operating decently, MS does a major update and hoses it up. Issues I am having now. 1) Return of the old issue, Micro SD card dismounting. I had this fixed...
  8. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...
  9. Windows 10 update broke my OS

Windows 10 update broke my OS: So I decided to do a windows update. I'm using windows 10. After it updated for about 2 hours, it would not boot into the OS. I tried rolling back the update using the BIOS settings but I just keep getting error messages, when I set it to "windows rollback" it just boots back...
  10. Major Win Ten

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Win Ten: I may have made a major mistake. I bought a Dell GX 755 with win 10 installed. I hooked it up in replacement of another Dell GX 620 and turned it on it booted fine. Now here comes the mistakes. I had a Reflect Image of old unit. I had my bootup disc to load the image so I...